Survivor Series 2021

RIDDUM_N_STYLE

Becky/Charlotte has lost a little intrigue after reading the Smackdown write up.  Now a bent ref has been introduced, I can't see past Lynch getting the 'screw job' treatment for the HEAT.

Becky's interview with Ariel whatshisface was the most fascinating WWE related thing I've seen in a while though. They're clearly not friends anymore. But Becky's so good at blurring the lines it's hard to tell whether there's genuine animosity or not. I think it's legit. Lynch openly throwing Charlotte under the bus sounded like someone who's had enough and no longer gives a shit about the blowback. The highlight, though, was her casual evisceration of Dic Ric. Pretty much calling him a sad, pathetic sex pest, clinging onto relevance, in the most cutting way.

This PPV is so dumb though. I can't be long before they scrap it. It has to be the most counterproductive show on the calendar. Walking back the brand split just weeks after the draft. Needlessly defining down your champions with pointless Champ vs Champ matches. No stakes. Stupid.

I hate that Big E vs Roman is happening already. Surely that's a non finish? Or a Big E win? He's The Guy. Who the fuck else is there? I don't think Drew ever recovered from Roman calling him a "stand in" champion before proving him right a year ago.

Edited by Mr Butternut Squash

1 hour ago, Mr Butternut Squash said:

Becky/Charlotte has lost a little intrigue after reading the Smackdown write up.  Now a bent ref has been introduced, I can't see past Lynch getting the 'screw job' treatment for the HEAT.

Becky's interview with Ariel whatshisface was the most fascinating WWE related thing I've seen in ages though. They're clearly not friends anymore. But Becky's so good at blurring the lines it's hard to tell whether there's genuine animosity or not. I think it's legit. Lynch openly throwing Charlotte under the bus sounded like someone who's had enough and no longer gives a shit about the blowback. The highlight, though, was her casual evisceration of Dic Ric. Straight up calling him a sad, pathetic sex pest, clinging onto relevance, in the most cutting way.

This PPV is so dumb though. I can't be long before they scrap it. It has to be the most counterproductive show on the calendar. Walking back the brand split just weeks after the draft. Needlessly defining down your champions with pointless Champ vs Champ matches. No stakes. Stupid.

I hate that Big E vs Roman is happening already. Surely that's a non finish? Or a Big E win? He's The Guy. Who the fuck else is there? I don't think Drew ever recovered from Roman calling him a "stand in" champion before proving him right a year ago.

Drew/ Roman and Big E/ Roman could have been 2 years worth of Mania or Summerslam main events even a few years down the road from now. Spunked out because they want to have shiny thing Vs shiny thing graphics for Survivors. 

34 minutes ago, 69MeDon said:

Apparently WWE have only sold/distributed 57% of tickets for tomorrow night's post-SS Raw. Prices have been dropped and upper sections have been removed.

Things aren't great, live gate wise, when you are having to do this for a post-big four show in Brooklyn.

Raw is shit. The PPV is shit. Its hardly surprising. Gone are the years of Survivor Series being anything important.

Raw tapings sound like hell to sit through. Not only is the show shit but you spend half your time sitting in the dark watching adverts and video packages. A wrestler makes their entrance, the crowd pops, then they turn down the lights while the wrestler stands in the ring with their dick in their hands while 15 minutes of adverts play on screen. It's like they deflate the crowd at every possible opportunity.

• Paid Members

^^^^ “can’t even be bothered” …. You know he’s not contracted or obliged to? And it’s probable they didn’t even ask?

My prevailing thought reading the results was how bored I am of the reporters insisting that it’s the “familiar” sound of a wrestlers theme playing them to the ring. Well… yeah. If you watch the show, the wrestlers’ themes are going to be familiar to you.

Now that I think about it, why waste the keystrokes reporting that themes play at all? What happens in the matches needs reporting, it might even be mildly interesting to some readers what order the wrestlers come out in. That their music plays does not need reporting. Unless there’s something exceptional happens that needs reporting, it’s a safe assumption that we know Roman came down to “the familiar sound” of his current music. Not an unfamiliar theme, his old theme, someone else’s theme, or “Reach” by S Club 7.

Edited by air_raid

7 minutes ago, air_raid said:

My prevailing thought reading the results was how bored I am of the reporters insisting that it’s the “familiar” sound of a wrestlers theme playing them to the ring. Well… yeah. If you watch the show, the wrestlers’ themes are going to be familiar to you.

The thing that always stands out to me when I'm reading results of Raw or whatever is that someone always "stands tall" at the end of a segment. Whoever writes these things has no other way to describe someone getting the upper hand, or just describing what is happening in general. It's always "stands tall".