Happy Not-Actually 20th Birthday UKFF

JNLister

• Paid Members

Seen this place mentioned in Powerslam sometime in the summer of 2001, so decided to check it out for myself. Back then it was on wrasslinedge.com/ukff if I'm remembering rightly. Lurked for years before signing up in 2008.

• Paid Members

I must have been 19 or so when I joined the forum, looking to see if Ben (UK Hat Guy back then) had said my announcing was any good at the FutureShock shows. Even when I fell out of wrestling I still stopped by just to read people's thoughts on WWE, and now I've got a bit of fandom back thanks to AEW I'm trying to be a little more active (also on a new account as my old one was victim of a namechange that ultimately made me feel uncomfortable as an incredibly minor public figure now).

That's a good 13 or so years now of UKFF being the first thing I open while I eat my toast in the mornings.

Signed up post Farrer Ring Escapades in Blackburn,  and nearly got fired for reading this circa 2007 because of the logo at the time. Oops! 

It's been here for the ups and the downs, the people here are and have been there when it matters. Stuff like business balls linked years ago has been massively useful for job stuff too.

I've met many people from here through PCW and other Northwest  promotions and wrestling or retro gaming shenanigans. Made some decent friends and learnt a lot about life on the way. 

Happy Not Birthday UKFF x

Quite timely, but I found this place because I went to Southside in 2013ish to see Tommy fucking Dreamer, and this place popped up.

I think its testament that despite not meeting anyone from here, I feel closer to some people on here than I do my actual mates and would always ask for advice here before anywhere else.

The highlights for me have been Cheese On (which I must read every month) and the No Chinese/Raffle/Pies and peas Bowler thread (honestly @Nostalgia Nonce posts from that night made me lose it)

I've even sent that thread to numerous people to read, it's that funny in places.

Everyone on here is pretty much a good egg and I'd miss the place if I ever left. Even the pisstaking is never (IMO) malicious and one of the best things about it to me. It's a unique corner of the internet. 

Keep keffing on!

• Paid Members

I was a regular on the old TWCF all those years ago and when that place closed I migrated over here. I've been lurking ever since. I never really posted at all until fairly recently (I was totally put off by the old down vote system which made it quite daunting for somebody "new" to get involved) and, honestly, the UKFF has become a staple of my day. I always enjoy reading it over lunch or dinner and on the occasional time there's been a malfunction and the board has gone down for a few days, I've definitely missed it in my daily routine. Maybe it's a comfort thing. I've read a great deal of daftness from the sidelines over the years, and often roared with laughter. The creepy guy who kept posting photos of him with his female friend, Bensons For Beds, cheese on, the "trying to return the shoes I was already wearing" incident, the arsehole dog, Neil's name change threads (sorely missed)...good times, great memories. I can also thank the UKFF for helping me make a couple of mates away from here in the form of former posters Richie Freebird and Stormy Weathers, which in turn helped me discover some cool movies and other good stuff. 

The UKFF...a great bunch of lads. Long may it live on. 

Reading others posts has made me realise how much I do come on here and probably should post more than I do. I really should checkout the off topic forum aswell.

The UKFF is the first place I come every morning and has been pretty much since the day I joined and before.

I've met a few people over the years but I find I learn something pretty much every day from various posters on here and is probably the reason I keep coming back.

I can't remember the name of the pub but there was a UKFF meet up of sorts in Manchester for the Raw/Smackdown tapings in 04 if anyone was there. 

Interesting. My joining date shows February 28, 2002. However I recall finding the forum the day after Owen Hart's death - maybe my mind is playing tricks on me. 

I also remember the previous board and having to re-register, when we moved from one platform to this one. If thats the event that @JNListeris referring to, then I have no idea why my registration shows Feb 2002. Maybe I lurked around for a while. 

• Paid Members

I joined to pretend I was deaf dumb and blind, and generally be a cunt. I was too lazy for that and stayed around to just be a cunt. 

Amazingly I'm still tolerated all those years later. 

The highlights are the painting or Freddie mercury my mom keeps in her room now, they Garry kasparov Christmas card, the Celtic quaich and Frankie waterboy being the nicest most helpful man I've ever met. 

• Paid Members

Seeing ive posted on here over 20,000 times is a weird little stat to see. September 18th 2001 I signed up, this sucker has been with me all through adulthood.

The forum is basically my internet home page, there probably hasnt been a period of time of more than a few days in the last 20 years that i haven't checked in. It's what I do on the shitter.

I’m a relatively new member, but the forum and its members have had a genuinely positive impact on my life. When I was dealing with mental health issues during the height of the pandemic, I couldn’t bring myself to tell ‘real life’ friends, and posted in the mental health thread. I even considered leaving the forum at the time (Speaking Out really had me down on wrestling, for obvious reasons)

However, members of the forum posted supportive words and some even sent me DMs that made one hell of a difference. UKFF is, in its own way, a community, and that community is full of empathetic, considerate people who go out of their way to support others. Here’s to another ‘not-actually 20-years’.