Happy Not-Actually 20th Birthday UKFF

JNLister

2005 and many years before on TWCF.

fucking mental isn’t it, that we’ve spent all this time continuously coming back to a ‘wrestling’ forum where we mostly discuss shitting habits, old episodes of Eastenders (remember when they went to France?!) and odd ways of sitting on the toilet 

and we wouldn’t have it any other way!

• Paid Members
13 hours ago, JNLister said:

Screenshot_2.png

This would be a couple of months before I signed up, but I would have been lurking by that point I think. I signed up for for the FWA forum and stayed pretty much exclusively on there until its demise, when I started to migrate to the main boards.

Some nostalgic names on that screengrab!

• Paid Members
On 9/19/2021 at 9:44 AM, Chest Rockwell said:

Make sure you PM @Moo your PayPal receipt otherwise nothing will happen.

How long does it usually take? I've donated a few times in the last few years but nothing has happened, even with the PayPal receipt?

Blimey. I was a long time lurker before eventually signing up. Must’ve discovered this place sometime in 2003-2004 I want to say. I was doing my shitarse “training” and someone once told me to avoid this place if I ever wanted to be a successful wrestler.

This place has given me some incredible laughs over the years. From Peter Staniforth and his mates down the pub (hope this doesn’t summon him) to Bull Harley threatening people with shoot stink faces.

Who can forget Mr. MIDAS and his pink vest and his special friend who totally isn’t shagging him because it’d ruin their friendship?

MAB being a weirdo with Kookookachu. I think I got that username right.

The hilarious SA50.

Is Sam Gibbs still forbidden? That’s me gone if he is. 

I don’t post often on here, mainly because by the time I get around to reading all the posts, I rarely have much new to add to the discussion, but this place is an every day part of my life.

Thanks for the laughs everyone.

• Paid Members

I think I joined in 2005 after lurking for a year and can probably count on one hand the amount of bad experiences Ive had on here.

Even back when the forum had a reputation for piling on in arguments, I never found it as toxic as most other places and the bad uns never really seemed to last long before disappearing.

It's been part of my working day for most of my adult career to stop what I'm doing and have a skim through here, to the point that it's been a running joke in the office that I was 'probably pissing around with something for the internet' if they looked at my screen at Christmas when I was making avatars, or editing Chas and Dave highlight videos. 

I've made some great mates, ended up working with a fair few of you and chatted regularly to even more. It's still hard trying to explain to my gf when she asks why I log onto a wrestling forum, despite me never watching wrestling since she's known me. I've tried, but talk of chippy teas, cheese on and why a real apology should be delivered in a black turtle neck just seem to confuse her more. 

• 2 weeks later...