Happy Not-Actually 20th Birthday UKFF

JNLister

The place has been through some changes since I signed up in 2004, that's for sure.

I remember the period when various wrestlers were clamouring to get on that UKFF 50, as a number of the promoters booked people off of it.

Now the forum is probably more of an outlier than anything, but it really is a community, as already said.

Some good eggs and some funny bastards! We're all aging, but this place helps numb that thought daily.

Up the 'KFF.

• Paid Members

I feel this thread is as good a place as any to ask and hopefully give the issue some prominence so some others follow suit but how exactly do I donate to become the coveted Paido? After all the joy this place has given me over the years, I think it's worth me giving something back.

Edited by SpiritOfTheForest

• Paid Members
31 minutes ago, SpiritOfTheForest said:

I feel this thread is as good a place as any to ask and hopefully give the issue some prominence so some others follow suit but how exactly do I donate to become the coveted Paido? After all the joy this place has given me over the years, I think it's worth me giving something back.

I can't find the actual page on Google, but PM Moo (He's a busy man though). He'll tell you what to do. You can do it via Paypal (or I did).

ADDED: I'm definately blind. Here the link on the main page.

https://donate.ukff.com/

ADDED AGAIN: Remember when "having a Voice on UKFF Chat" actually meant something?

Edited by bAzTNM#1

I signed up in 2009. I'd been on forums since about 2004 when the Wrestling Channel started and I started attending local shows. I was 14 in 2004 and I was obsessed with wrestling at the time. I'd been a fan all my life, but being a teenager, discovering forums and meeting the wrestlers (especially the US imports) at shows bought my fandom to a new level. 

I think I probably initially signed up here in 2004, I'd defo been reading on off since then, but I'd lost passwords/ forgot usernames until I started this account and posting more regularly.

My personal highlight of the UKFF was Roger and his wrestling figures. Literally sitting watching all that play out page after page was better than anything off the telly. Also, the good old days when a promoter would lose the plot and make a topic slating this place, or slating a no-showing wrestler, would always provide hilarious drama. Tommyboi is another one who's 'hilarious' posts are missed on here and I'd like to see him back.

20 years is a long time for an internet forum, and it feels weird that I've been on here for 12 of those. I think most people on here are my age group (31), give or take? I wonder if there's many new members nowadays, based off the back of AEW and that, and what they'd think of the place. 

Iv been here since 2009 and still feel like a newbie. The more toxic Twitter has gotten, the better it’s been to come on here as the chat re wrestling, football and how you shit has always stayed a a fun level. If you are a twat you get chased off just as you’d not let an idiot join your table in a pub. 

• Paid Members
42 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

good question, does the forum take on many new members these days? the forum is abit of a relic, do people? especially younger folk actively seek out forums these days? its all about social media and reddit isnt it?

Discords and subreddits have largely replaced forums now, which I think is a shame as it's a much more synchronous form of communication. If you miss the conversation in Discord then it's gone, and if you're not in a post at the start on reddit then your comment is going to get lost way down at the bottom.

I much prefer forums and the way conversations can flow over several days, there's just a slower expected pace as part of the form.

• Paid Members
On 9/19/2021 at 4:49 AM, bAzTNM#1 said:

I can't find the actual page on Google, but PM Moo (He's a busy man though). He'll tell you what to do. You can do it via Paypal (or I did).

ADDED: I'm definately blind. Here the link on the main page.

https://donate.ukff.com/

ADDED AGAIN: Remember when "having a Voice on UKFF Chat" actually meant something?

Well fifth time lucky, just donated again (included my PayPal transaction ref again) see if anything actually happens this time as my last donation/message to Moo in 2018 was read but never actioned. 

Has anyone else donated recently and found the same?

Edited by Suplex Sinner

• Paid Members

I think I heard about it in Powerslam and had a look during a break at work back in 2004. 

Joined up, got into an arguement with Moo about James Whale, got called a gimmick poster for enjoying Wrestle 1 and Hustle 1, then just occasionally pop up now and then. 

In truth, I read the threads more than I post. 

Happy 20th UKFF! 

Edit: And i will never forget the Del in Alberto Del Rio. Called him Albert Rio once, dear oh dear! 

Edited by eugenespeed

I think I discovered the Wrestling UK Fan Forum in 99/00 or so. It was a while back and it's always been a permanent fixture in my browsing history since then. I remember I was much more active then, arguing with Mo Chatra about something or other. I would love to see screenshots of what that website looked like back then. I can't even remember the URL.

I do recall it getting a logo at some point and being asked to re-register during the time I was at Uni (I did so in 03 eventually) and though I don't post very often at all, I'm glad it's still here and people have good memories of the last 20+ years!