The General Motors Domestic Football Thread. 21/22 (NO SHIT BANTER)

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

Don’t try and act all innocent. The bbc reported this. 
"There were people in hi-vis jackets and fighting going on in the stands. There were punches being thrown. It was quite aggressive.

I can see FIFA throwing the book at Hungary here, a massive fifty quid fine and a don’t do it again will be coming their way. 

I think you'll find my whereabouts can be accounted for at the time.

It will probably be a slap on the wrist. England should be fine though as they've got Albania & San Marino to play. If they can't win those two matches there's cause for concern.

• Paid Members

Hope he gets through it. He's a fantastic footballer. Saw him up close a good few years ago for Sheff Utd's kids against ours, he was already in the first team but was coming back from injury, and he came on at half-time and changed the game like you rarely see. Good luck, David.

• Paid Members

Only the last qualifying round of the FA Cup today but some proper 1st round vibes with Marine vs. Wrexham, Bromsgrove vs. Grimsby, Stockport vs. Stamford, Southend vs. Chertsey and Tamworth vs. Notts Co. I love the FA Cup.

(Grimsby game is on the iPlayer at 12:30 btw)

Edited by tiger_rick

2 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

Southend vs. Chertsey

I play every Monday with the brother of Chertsey Towns GK. Occasionally the actual GK comes down as a ringer, and even at a 7 a side mid 30s to late 40s kickabout, when he wants to turn it on, the gulf in quality (in terms of touch, awareness etc) is ridiculous. 

They won the FA Vase a few years back too, which was fantastic for him obviously.

One of my mates is still convinced given 3 or 4 seasons in the Premier League, he would score a goal. I told him he would be lucky to get a touch in 3 seasons, let alone a goal.