The General Motors Domestic Football Thread. 21/22 (NO SHIT BANTER)

PowerButchi

32 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Fantastic. I wonder what is behind the small following of Ghanaian Villa fans? Unless they're one of the huge clubs, it's usually because of a past player or two. George Boateng?

Nii Lamptey probably 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, SuperBacon said:

Well as a villa fan I can confirm that Paul McGrath is definitely God. Love those amazing Ghanian Villa fans 

• Paid Members

Smith Rowe was outstanding and Saka had his best game yet this season. But Odegaard really is an understated genius. He reminds me of Santi Cazorla, in that he creates so much space and can manage to squeeze a pass that doesn't seems possible. He works his tits off as well. Incredible to think that some Arsenal fans weren't keen on signing him permanently (despite a decent showing during his loan spell), no doubt because he wasn't new and exciting like some wonderkid they've played with in FIFA or Football Manager.

Ramsdale has done a lot so far to answer those critical of his signing, too. Some superb saves but it's his communication and commanding nature that has impressed me most. He reminds me a bit of Pickford the way he rallies his defenders. Leno seems very quiet in comparison.

Ben White is getting there. Gabriel has been brilliant since his return, which will help White. And Tomiyasu is looking like a brilliant bit of business.

The biggest thing I have noticed this year is that the fans and the players seem all on the same page. Home to Norwich and Away at Burnley was utterly buzzing with full support. Its like everyone is sick of the media pile on that followed, especially from some ex Arsenal players who should know better, and its galvanised everyone. Arteta's name was being sung out on Sunday. Hopefully a bit of siege mentality has set in. Fair play to him for taking the risk of putting all the new lads straight in. Saka/Smith Rowe have saved us a fortune in the market, Odegaard is an utter bargain

• Paid Members

All six new signings were on the pitch at the end, which was nice to see. 

Not as nice as Tory Kane giving the ball away, only to charge back and provide Saka with an assist. Trying to make up for not squaring it to Sterling I see. 

• Paid Members

Saw a worrying/interesting statistic on Sky Sports News this morning where apparently 13 of the Premier league club have reported that fewer than 50% of their players have been fully vaccinated. Apparently the only club where all the players are vaccinated is Wolves. Brentford and Leeds say they're over 90%