The General Motors Domestic Football Thread. 21/22 (NO SHIT BANTER)

PowerButchi

44 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Do Dulka fans play up the Half Man Half Biscuit connection? That would be sensational! I remember reading about German fans and how they don’t seem to care. They were interviewing a bunch of Dortmund fans and none of them could name the team that started when the won the Champions League  one of them said he had a video cassette of the match and he was the only one who did out of the group.  I thought that was fascinating as I, and many others my age, had videos of the 87 cup final and videos of the build up. And we could name the squad and the minutes we scored in!

I find it odd that fans of every single club reference their history as if it’s exclusive. They may as well say “We have kits”. 

I get what you're saying, I do. A fair few of my Newcastle-born high school mates are (by choice) Liverpool fans. They never stop banging on about 'their' history and it drives me up the wall. 

I don't think Dukla fans do too much, to be honest, but Bohemians were my team when I lived in Prague. If you want to talk about unique histories, check out their story of how they got their name and badge/mascot...

10 minutes ago, SaitoRyo said:

don't think Dukla fans do too much, to be honest, but Bohemians were my team when I lived in Prague. If you want to talk about unique histories, check out their story of how they got their name and badge/mascot...

Were they the ones who had a kangaroo or something like that on the badge?  I think that’ll be my afternoon sorted reading up on them. Cheers for that!

Just now, Keith Houchen said:

Were they the ones who had a kangaroo or something like that on the badge?  I think that’ll be my afternoon sorted reading up on them. Cheers for that!

Yeah, basically they went on a 19-match tour of Australia in 1927 and after it they were gifted two live kangaroos. They later gave them to the Prague Zoo. 

Also, they were called AFK Vršovice before the tour but renamed themselves Bohemians because they felt like Australians wouldn't know how to spell or say their actual name. It's pronounced Ver-sho-vits-eh, by the way. 

They are such a great club and I would recommend anyone go to watch them at Dolicek if you're ever in Prague. 

There’s Saudi state money across the world economy at the highest level. Anyone in the press trying to guilt trip Newcastle fans more than they do the UK or US governments isn’t anti Saudi, they are just anti working class people having nice things. 

• Paid Members
Just now, Louch said:

There’s Saudi state money across the world economy at the highest level. Anyone in the press trying to guilt trip Newcastle fans more than they do the UK or US governments isn’t anti Saudi, they are just anti working class people having nice things. 

😂

This has annoyed a lot of Coventry fans. I mean, it was a blatant dive, nobody can dispute that, and it was a beauty as it led to a penalty. The ref bought it and never booked him but he got a two game ban afterwards. 

Does this now mean that any dive not noticed at the time will mean a ban if cameras pick it up? It seems the lack of consistency is what pisses off the Cov fans, not that he got banned for diving. Although had his dive been noticed in the match it would have been a yellow. It’s all over the place and the games gone lads etc. 

• Paid Members

Possibly wrong thread, and I don’t want to “live chat” but…

On 6/7/2021 at 5:14 PM, air_raid said:

if there’s a formation where Southgate could deploy Mount, Foden and Grealish all at the same time in the form all three have been in, do you think he’ll have the balls to do it?

…. the day has finally come.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, air_raid said:

Possibly wrong thread, and I don’t want to “live chat” but…

…. the day has finally come.

The day has probably gone again as well.

I'll take a point. It means nothing in the long run because we managed to get beaten by Albania twice, but a point from England is a decent result. Plus we were winning at the beginning, so my mate and I can have a giggle about that. 

4 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

It is. I'd be surprised if FIFA don't do something about it. 

Don’t try and act all innocent. The bbc reported this. 
"There were people in hi-vis jackets and fighting going on in the stands. There were punches being thrown. It was quite aggressive.

I can see FIFA throwing the book at Hungary here, a massive fifty quid fine and a don’t do it again will be coming their way.