The General Motors Domestic Football Thread. 21/22 (NO SHIT BANTER)

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
16 hours ago, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

Teeds, what’s the general reaction with your lot about Coady joining us on loan? The majority down here are buzzing over the signing and how we’ve managed it

Obviously gutted that Coads has gone, but it's moreso because of the man he is, not the player.

Of all the players my eldest has met, he's the one that took a good five minutes out of his life to speak with her and was genuine with his love of her as fan as well as all fans. An absolute top bloke and probably my favourite ever Wolves captain.

He is however exceptionally limited as a player, and can only play that role in the middle of a back three (which Lampard clearly wants him to do) he has little to no pace but fuck me can he ping a ball on the diagonal to a winger.

Wolves are clearly trying to evolve away from Nuno's squad, and he's one of the last of the promoted team standing. Or was.

Loads of Wolves fans are moaning about the transfer, but I think it's been done so tastefully for a loyal servant of the club. He needed a move to stay in Southgate's mind for the World Cup (he should be nowhere near that squad) he wasn't getting game time soon, he could move closer to family and not disturb his lads footie coaching. Apparently Everton couldn't pay up straight away so this loan deal was sorted just for him, and we'll get the cash next season.

Whether or not it works out for you I don't know, he looked sus playing in a 3 for Lage, and only looked decent for Nuno's system. Hope it does though, and hope he does go to the WC but obviously not in place of Kilman, maybe for that absolute fraud of a capped player Mings.

• Paid Members
13 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Is Adama still on your books? What's happening with him as I'm guessing Lage is not keen on him, hence loaning him out last season. 

Still here, currently 'injured'.

Sooner he's gone the better, shite player. Think a lot of Wolves fans were expecting mega money because he 'gets them off their seats' (genuinely people prefer that to actual talent) and they all had a wake up call when he went to Barcelona and did absolutely fuck all because he's wank.

Rumours have been circling of Sevilla, Valencia or another of the Europa League Spanish teams coming in for him, but I doubt they will, and he'll walk for nothing next summer.

Saying that though, Kevin Thelwell at Everton keeps looking at our dregs (Dendonker) so he could go there.

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, CleetusVanDamme said:

Judy Rabiot vs Ten Hag in the car-park the first time he drops her son is exactly what the league needs right now.

But what will they hang from a pole?

• Paid Members

Easy to talk about United, always the bigger story whenever we lose. However, Brentford were brilliant. Outclassed us in every department. Superb fans, amazing energy, pressing, desire. We had no chance. 4-0 was flattering.

Edited by Murtz

You have to feel for the United fans who paid to see that. The only consolation is that they’ll be back home within the hour. 

Still, you aren’t Cov, throw away a two goal lead and lose 3-2, then have your next home game called off just like the first because of an unsafe pitch. 

13 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Still, you aren’t Cov, throw away a two goal lead and lose 3-2, then have your next home game called off just like the first because of an unsafe pitch. 

The last I read was that youd be using Burtons? Is that right?

But yeah, you have to feel for those United fans. Just the half a billion spent on the first XI...still, Glazers Out eh?

I did really enjoy this moment from Aaron Hickey taking out Ronaldo.

2 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

The last I read was that youd be using Burtons? Is that right?

Yeah, played out League Cup game there and got tonked by Brizzle. Obviously the fans are blaming Wasps. 

4 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

But yeah, you have to feel for those United fans. Just the half a billion spent on the first XI...still, Glazers Out eh?

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Murtz said:

always the bigger story whenever we lose.

That's because it's always hilarious. I obviously prefer it when Spurs or Chelsea lose, but nothing is as funny as United getting a tonking. This club are in such disarray and seem to be oblivious to the problems they desperately need to solve. 

There is still no cohesive plan on the footballing side with the club. Since the successful partnership of Fergie and Gill (which would probably not succeed in today's game anyway), the structure has been shit. Look at City, Liverpool and now Arsenal and Spurs- there is a clear plan and personnel in place to try and achieve that plan. For the past 10 years United have tried to compete with the big clubs by having a commercial/corporate guy running things with a manager reporting into them- that's it. Whether it's Moyes, LVG, Mourinho, Ole or Ten Hag- it doesn't matter who is at the helm if it's just them and a Woodward/Arnold. Chelsea are dangerously veering into that territory with their current set-up so it'll be interesting to see how they fare.

There is a lot of pressure on Ten Hag to succeed, but he can't be expected to work miracles. At Ajax he was part of a very successful team that included VDS and Overmars in director roles. He's pretty much on his own here in comparison. The squad is a mess and their recruitment strategy has been diabolical- unsuccessfully putting their eggs in the De Jong basket, making a move to sign Arnautovic before shitting themselves after seeing the fan reaction (what did they expect?!), making a panic move for Rabiot, having their star player rock up weeks after everyone else because he doesn't want to be there anymore (what an example to set to the rest of the squad huh?)- and who is expected to sort out this mess? Another Woodward guy and an extremely talented coach that has had very little to do beyond the training ground & sidelines. 

Pinch of salt of course, but this is quite damning as well.

So United are now stuck with a manager who will probably just sit by and idly let another season peter out, and not demand any real change. He might be tactically sound, but this has got disaster written all over it again.

I don't know who would be able to get a song out of most of these players* and I genuinely don't know what's happened to a few of them.

There are some fantastic football players in that squad and they look like utter, utter shit.

United will come 7th this season and still beat Spurs twice, but good God what a mess it all is.

*Conte to be honest.

• Paid Members
14 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

You have to feel for the United fans who paid to see that. The only consolation is that they’ll be back home within the hour. 

Half an hour on the bus for me. Great win for my new club Brentford. 

Man Utd are seriously making me not interested in watching any football at all they’re so dire. Let’s just skip ahead to preparing for the 2023/24 season.