The General Motors Domestic Football Thread. 21/22 (NO SHIT BANTER)

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

Hopefully it’ll cheer up that journey back down south for one set of fans today!

Have a day off, will you. Just one.

• Paid Members

Haaland looks the business - pace, power, precision from out of absolutely nowhere. Seems to be quite for several minutes and then just pounces. 

That was a really worrying display from Man United - Brighton completely had their way with them. United looked fearful on the ball and lacked any kind of serious cutting edge. Only the opening day of course, but Ten Haag must be questioning what on Earth he’s just taken on. 

As for the Championship - the below is disgraceful. 

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, air_raid said:

Top after one game… DVDs on pre-order, lads.

Thought your mob looked absolutely superb. The fact they won so convincingly with neither Kane nor Son getting on the scoresheet is impressive. Kulusevski looks the business.

Southampton doing nothing to stem any relegation fears…which means they’ll now comprehensively beat Leeds next week now I’ve said that. 

Disappointing result against Chelsea yesterday but plenty of encouraging signs from the Blues. We’re expecting to confirm the signings of Onana, Gueye and Coady this week and are looking at a striker which if we get one will complete a great window for us 

The only downer was the sickening injury to Ben Godfrey who’s looking like being out till after the World Cup at best

• Paid Members
22 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

I haven't been for years but I am sure the away fans at Old Trafford are upper, as I'm sure below it is the concourse for accessibility (wheelchairs etc) 

I can't ever remember being in the lower bit there, or seeing away fans in there either.

Late to the party here but when I went to OT in spring 2015 (3-0 defeat) I was low, and when I went early season in 2018 (3-0 win) I was up in the heavens. Yes, the metaphors are intentional. I'd also been to the 3-0 loss at the start of 11-12 so in my visits to Old Trafford I saw both probably the best example of Lucas Moura as a great player, and possibly the ONLY example of Tom Cleverley as one. Fair enough, Modric was trying to sulk his way to Chelsea and we hadn't signed Parker yet so the midfield was thrown together of Jake Livermore and an out-of-position Niko Kranjcar, but still.

• Paid Members
35 minutes ago, Duke said:

So are Barca just threatening to sue De Jong now? Have I misunderstood that development?

It's fucking mental. They have apparently found some 'illegal activity' with his contract and have told him if he doesn't sign a new contract (with a much lower salary, of course) they will sue him. 

What a bunch of absolute cunts. They should liquidate the entire club right now. What would Cruyff think of them right now? I used to have a real soft spot for that club and thought Laporta might help bring the club back to the old ways seeing as he oversaw their Pep era, but they're whoring themselves out for a quick buck now and treating their players like scum.