The General Motors Domestic Football Thread. 21/22 (NO SHIT BANTER)

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
17 hours ago, Fatty Facesitter said:

Thought your mob looked absolutely superb. The fact they won so convincingly with neither Kane nor Son getting on the scoresheet is impressive. Kulusevski looks the business.

Nothing says swagger quite like signing a new LWB, RWB, CB and midfielder (not including back up goalie and suspended forward) and picking... exactly the same side that ended last season so well. If it ain't broke, etc. Without trying to sound disrespectful, it's a side that should comfortably beat Saints at home. The trick will be finding the balance when he wants to start Bissouma with Bentancur, Lenglet instead of one of the centre backs, Richarlison instead of anyone and try to keep the flow the same. The squad looks great but I'm not getting carried away, its 38 cup finals to improve on 4th and think about having a tilt at winning a pot without burning key players out.... we'll see.

7 minutes ago, air_raid said:

Nothing says swagger quite like signing a new LWB, RWB, CB and midfielder (not including back up goalie and suspended forward) and picking... exactly the same side that ended last season so well. If it ain't broke, etc. Without trying to sound disrespectful, it's a side that should comfortably beat Saints at home. The trick will be finding the balance when he wants to start Bissouma with Bentancur, Lenglet instead of one of the centre backs, Richarlison instead of anyone and try to keep the flow the same. The squad looks great but I'm not getting carried away, its 38 cup finals to improve on 4th and think about having a tilt at winning a pot without burning key players out.... we'll see.

Agree totally, 

It was a good start, and some of the football at time was very good. There are still a few things to sort though, Aribo got in very easily for his chance, which was basically a hoof from the Saints player when he was under pressure. The Ward-Prowse goal was all too familiar, giving away cheap possession, not getting into a decent defensive shape, man free on the edge of the area. 

Saying that, I thought Ryan Sessegnon was excellent on Saturday, he got back when he needed to, scored, had one disallowed for offside (which was a lovely finish with his wrong foot), and was denied another by an excellent tackle by KWP. Romero clearly hasn't calmed down over the summer flying into 2 tackles specifically which he was lucky to not get a yellow for particularly the scissor tackle in the second half. He'll be the one that Lenglet replaces as he's not lasting a season without getting sent off.

I'm not sure we're going to be seeing much of Djed Spence this season. He could've come on instead of Doherty, but I'm not sure he is a Conte player at the moment.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, PunkStep said:

It's fucking mental. They have apparently found some 'illegal activity' with his contract and have told him if he doesn't sign a new contract (with a much lower salary, of course) they will sue him. 

This is the bit I'm missing something of. He took a pay cut in 2020, they want him to go back to 2019, isn't that a raise? Obviously it isn't, but what's the bit I'm missing?

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, PunkStep said:

It's fucking mental. They have apparently found some 'illegal activity' with his contract and have told him if he doesn't sign a new contract (with a much lower salary, of course) they will sue him. 

This is the bit I'm missing something of. He took a pay cut in 2020, they want him to go back to 2019, isn't that a raise? Obviously it isn't, but what's the bit I'm missing?

16 minutes ago, Duke said:

It’s the deferred payments during Covid. During those seasons they asked all players to take a temporary pay cut while playing without fans (most clubs did the same thing), with the promise that once fans/income was back they would get a lump sum of all the money they were owed from that time. Wages went back to normal but Barcelona are refusing to give him the money he’s legally owed from the Covid seasons whilst now threatening to sue him unless he goes back to his previous (now void) contract. Absolute cunts.

Edited by METAL ON METAL

4 hours ago, Teedy Kay said:

If Forest sign Gibbs-White for ÂŁ40 million the world has gone mad.

I'd have let him go for under ÂŁ20 million

Teeds, what’s the general reaction with your lot about Coady joining us on loan? The majority down here are buzzing over the signing and how we’ve managed it

Coady is a decent get for Everton, wouldn’t trust him in a back two but he’s gotta be better than Yerri Mina. Also has the benefit of if he ends up being shit the best fans in the world can call him Agent Cody for the bants.

Rabiot and Arnautovich, what a fucking joke United have become. Rabiot has the feel of a player who became a bit shit after his first mega contract and has been dining out on his reputation since. United is a stepping stone to West Ham then eventually back to the farmers league for Marseille or someone.