The General Motors Domestic Football Thread. 21/22 (NO SHIT BANTER)

PowerButchi

Brentford-Chelsea was a really superb game of football played under a cracking atmosphere. 

I miss Griffin Park (the same way I miss White Hart Lane) but last night it sounded like the old place. Apart from the Chelsea fans, who were as dreadful as usual. (Spurs only have one song but fucking hell, they just sing the same word over and over again)

Brentford were incredibly unlucky not to get something from the game, and if not for Mendy surely would've. Lukaku IRL is among the 'biggest' players I've ever seen. He was terrible though.

Werner, if he could finish would be one of the best players in the world, his off the ball running as Chelsea counter is so baffling and confusing to the retreating defence. Its genuinely chaotic.

Loftus-Cheek is a unique talent who perhaps will finally realise his potential this season.

Kante will be spoken about as one of the greats of all time in 20 or 30 years. I think he might be the best Premier League player ever. Fight me.

Look, its still only October but at some point people will have to stop saying "Brentford have 38 cup finals and what happens, happens" as they are a serious team and not here to make up numbers.

They are well drilled, have a manager than can (not always mind) see things, change and adapt and have got some seriously talented players.

Bryan Mbeumo is back to his form of two years ago and should've scored yesterday, and in Onyeka they have got some strength and vision in the middle, something they have lacked in the recent past. 

I do worry about the depth of the squad, yesterday showed that defensive options take a serious whack when 1 or 2 key players are injured, and goals wise I worry too. If Toney doesn't score, then who does? They may have to bring in someone in January. 

Anyway, a cracking game and I can't wait to go back for Brentford-Spurs as the ultimate half and half scarf wanker.

Lastly, if you haven't seen it, Greavsie, is currently on ITV Hub. Its superb and well worth a watch.

Also the latest installment of the Football Classics on there is of the 1987 FA Cup Final, just in case Keith wants to watch it again.

• Paid Members
55 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Obviously MOTD only show brief highlights, but in those they showed Maguire a huge liability. Culpable for so many problems, there were a couple worse than the one quoted. The bearhug on Iheanacho was a bit embarrassing too.

Ronaldo's attempt to press was a laugh. Obviously he's not going to press, he's Ronaldo he do what he wants, but United need to compensate for that. They just sat back and let Leicester have the ball so often. Ole has ridden his luck, he is simply not good enough to be in charge of one of the biggest teams in the world. Way out of his depth. 

5 hours ago, PunkStep said:

Obviously MOTD only show brief highlights, but in those they showed Maguire a huge liability. Culpable for so many problems, there were a couple worse than the one quoted. The bearhug on Iheanacho was a bit embarrassing too.

Ronaldo's attempt to press was a laugh. Obviously he's not going to press, he's Ronaldo he do what he wants, but United need to compensate for that. They just sat back and let Leicester have the ball so often. Ole has ridden his luck, he is simply not good enough to be in charge of one of the biggest teams in the world. Way out of his depth. 

Think it was clear that Maguire was rushed back from injury.. There was no way he should have been out there. Everything they do is predictable, slow and mediocre. 

Shocking 

Martin Tyler sounded gutted at full time. Suck that Saudi Arabia.

Big love to Reguilon and Dier for reacting so quickly to what happened in the stands. Really great stuff.

Edit: Also, they are often the worst but Sky handled that superbly and all the pundits in the studio were great to listen to, Ginola in particular. 

Edited by SuperBacon