The General Motors Domestic Football Thread. 21/22 (NO SHIT BANTER)

PowerButchi

13 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Remarkable how all these poor, destitute City fans from Ardwick, Cheetham Hill and Moss Side (?) were suddenly able to scrape together enough pennies for Saturday's match after Guardiola did a Delia, but ok, lads.

Maybe it was a case of prioritising which game to go to as they couldn’t afford both? As pointed out, city don’t have anywhere near the scale of the out of towners to top up the local attendees like their bigger neighbours do. If they did, I’m sure they’d have waiting lists for season tickets as well. 

The small town in rural Ireland where my parents live (not Clonmel) have at least three pubs which have season tickets for Utd and hold raffles for games etc. If and when City have that pull, they’ll have sell outs constantly. 

But yeah, poverty shaming can fuck off. 

Edited by Keith Houchen

2 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Remarkable how all these poor, destitute City fans from Ardwick, Cheetham Hill and Moss Side (?) were suddenly able to scrape together enough pennies for Saturday's match after Guardiola did a Delia, but ok, lads.

What does it matter to you as a United fan? United aren't always full to the brim every game.

Cup games cost extra whether it's Champions League, Carabao cup, FA cup/etc. 

There's a large number of the 'loyal' (Read: Before the money rolled in.) that don't want to attend Champions League games because of how they perceive UEFA's treatment of the club. Some can't afford it or would rather save upwards of ÂŁ35. Some just plain can't be arsed going. Some people work late and would rather stick to weekends. Some people have season tickets and don't show up. (There's a guy who has a ST near me and he never attends unless it's against a 'big' club.)

Take your pick but money is a massive factor above all when attending any football game. A family of 4 attending a City game these days will cost more than ÂŁ130+ and that's just for the game. Without a season ticket, how many times can an average family do that?

Another thing to remember is that football has been nothing more than a business for a long time. We the customer can be loyal, obsessive, passionate but that doesn't mean we're obliged to do that. We have a choice.

It's up to City to figure out how to move on up and pull in the tourists, new fans, money, etc. When it's starts going to shit, I'll be more concerned. Until then, as with any season ticket holder, supporter, punter, customer, consumer what has a choice, I'll take my seat as and when I choose to.

Since when has it been unacceptable to take the piss out of your rivals for being poorer/shitter/smaller than you? You can’t claim to be the club of the locals then moan about only local people turning up. It’s like Evertonian’s taking the piss out of our Norwegian fan base then bemoaning not shifting any merchandise on their tour of the States. There probably is something to it being poverty shaming and ripping a team for having fewer supporters than you when you are the primary reason for that is illogical but as always logic and decency go out the window when it comes to football.

11 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

Since when has it been unacceptable to take the piss out of your rivals for being poorer/shitter/smaller than you?

Since football began.

There is zero wrong with having a playful jab (like when it comes to the Emirates and their "attendances") at your rivals (that's very much part of the fun of football) but when it goes into poverty shaming, it's pretty rank. 

Anyway, no big stadium is ever an actual sell out so I dont know what the fuck those types of fans are crowing about.

32 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

Since when has it been unacceptable to take the piss out of your rivals for being poorer/shitter/smaller than you?

At least city aren’t looking through dustbins for something to eat, find a dead rat and they think it’s a treat. But they do sign on, sign on, with pen in your hand, and you’ll never work again. You’ll never work again. 

4 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

At least city aren’t looking through dustbins for something to eat, find a dead rat and they think it’s a treat. But they do sign on, sign on, with pen in your hand, and you’ll never work again. You’ll never work again. 

Exactly. People from Manchester taking the piss out of people from Liverpool for being poor is the definition of daft and illogical, like my mate who used to take the piss out of his brothers mum who is also his own mum.

It’s an interesting time in football fandom. The times are catching up to the sport and things that have slipped under the radar for years like the Chelsea rent boys chant are being looked at through a modern lens and the wankers are being called out. 

Luckily I can rest easy in my North Wales council villa and look at the scores on Live Score like a normal person.

25 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

People from Manchester taking the piss out of people from Liverpool for being poor

It was everyone who sang that at Liverpool. I used to find it funny until puberty kicked in. And that was a time when the cost of going to a game was in reach of most people. 

Mocking people for being poor, even in jest, is a Tory thing to do. 

3 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

It was everyone who sang that at Liverpool. I used to find it funny until puberty kicked in. And that was a time when the cost of going to a game was in reach of most people. 

Mocking people for being poor, even in jest, is a Tory thing to do. 

I’ve been called a bin dipper by an Evertonian who lives in the next welsh town over from me. I don’t think he’s mocking my socioeconomic status, he’s just being a thick cunt football fan. Regardless of intent it is a bit Tory and just because I don’t take something a certain way it doesn’t mean everyone else should.

19 minutes ago, PowerButchi said:

Everyone from Flint is a gyp. 

Still not as rough as the house I lived in in Connahs Quay where Purple Aki was hiding in the bushes waiting for the lad next door to come home.

10 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

’ve been called a bin dipper by an Evertonian who lives in the next welsh town over from me. I don’t think he’s mocking my socioeconomic status, he’s just being a thick cunt football fan. Regardless of intent it is a bit Tory and just because I don’t take something a certain way it doesn’t mean everyone else should.

Yeah I get the BANTZ between mates and all that. I’m more getting at those mocking clubs whose main fan base is priced out of every game. Sure there are loads of city fans who don’t go to games and say they’d go if they could but they just can’t be arsed, same as most clubs. I’ve had the luxury of sticking to “Not one penny more” for years from when our owners first  moved us to Northampton. I used to go to away games but I can’t afford it now due to being dole scum.