The General Motors Domestic Football Thread. 21/22 (NO SHIT BANTER)

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

I was listening to the game and said to my wife, what a shame Noble wasn’t on the pitch, never did I think Moyes would send him on mind.

I saw a load of people saying “Well, Moyes saw what happened in the Euros final, he should’ve learned from that”. He’s Scottish, did he fuck watch that

• Paid Members

I don't think conceding only 15 goals in a season is repeatable these days, even in Fifa, but this Chelsea might come closest to the 2005 record. Stingier than Daniel Levy.

Pep's not going to be able to sleep for the next six days trying to come up with a plan to best Tuchel. He's tried fielding ten in midfield and he's tried fielding zero in midfield.  What else can a man reasonably do?

Pns.png

• Paid Members

And that's a big reason why Pep has not won the Champions League for a decade, and also why City haven't won the FA Cup year after year. When it comes to two-legged ties and knockout games, in game decisions/tactics is king. It also speaks volumes that his former apprentice is really shit at that part of his job at Arsenal.

Edited by PunkStep

8 hours ago, Mr_Danger said:

Is there a better player who doesn’t actually produce anything than Saint-Maximin? He’s got £70m Arsenal player written all over him.

He's produced goals, assists, hold-up play, got us up the pitch and actually excited fans, which is a shitload more than every other Newcastle player has done over the past couple of years.

If he was playing in a better team I think he'd produce even more. Incredible talent, like a Ben Arfa for the 2020s, but without being prone to petulance or laziness. 

I'm enjoying him while I can, because I sense he will be off next summer (to Arsenal for £70m). 

3 hours ago, SaitoRyo said:

He's produced goals, assists, hold-up play, got us up the pitch and actually excited fans, which is a shitload more than every other Newcastle player has done over the past couple of years.

If he was playing in a better team I think he'd produce even more. Incredible talent, like a Ben Arfa for the 2020s, but without being prone to petulance or laziness. 

I'm enjoying him while I can, because I sense he will be off next summer (to Arsenal for £70m). 

You’ve obviously seen more of him than me, what are his numbers like? He seems like a classic MOTD highlights player to me. Looks sensational taking on 6 players before blasting it in to a crowd. I’d take him over Origi in a heartbeat though, that potential is pretty high and although I think he might shrink a little with the burden of constantly pressing there’s every chance playing with better players would allow him to work on end product or create more space for the better players. Probably be good for him to steer clear of Arsenal in that respect.

35 minutes ago, Murtz said:

Traore?

Best player at running in straight lines for sure.

9 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

You’ve obviously seen more of him than me, what are his numbers like? He seems like a classic MOTD highlights player to me. Looks sensational taking on 6 players before blasting it in to a crowd. I’d take him over Origi in a heartbeat though, that potential is pretty high and although I think he might shrink a little with the burden of constantly pressing there’s every chance playing with better players would allow him to work on end product or create more space for the better players. Probably be good for him to steer clear of Arsenal in that respect.

I am (sadly) a Newcastle fan and have watched every game he's played for us since he signed. He's electric and turns defenders into dust. So far he's scored 8 and assisted 10 in 56 Premier League appearances. Not incredible numbers, by any means, but you have to consider what he's playing with - and against. Some of those goals were very important, too, either helping us win or draw games. 

He's excellent on the counter and helps bring others into the game. We really missed him (and Wilson) when they were out earlier in the year, because they both change games and produce. 

If we had three or four more quality players playing around him and, you know, an actual manager and stuff, he'd be doing a lot more.