The General Motors Domestic Football Thread. 21/22 (NO SHIT BANTER)

PowerButchi

24 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Placcys getting super defensive. Just how I like it. Although it needs to be said there is a distinction between a placcy and a glory supporter. It is of course possible to be both, like the majority of Man Utd and Liverpool fans on here. 

I will not be held accountable for decisions I made when I was 8 years old!

49 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Looking at this on the 'what type of fan are you' link, under Expressionist:

'They pick from their impeccably curated selection of vintage shirts from all around the globe'

Who could that possibly be on here?? 🤔

Bollocks. I was on the streets of Accra the last time Hearts Of Oak won the league, with the rest of the Hearties? Oakies?

14 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

I will not be held accountable for decisions I made when I was 8 years old!

For me it was being 5 and watching Lineker and Gazza at Italia 90 and asking who they played for as they were clearly the best.

I really wish my Dad had lied.

1 hour ago, PunkStep said:

Ha I came here to post that, have they started blaming Liverpool fans yet?

rqq2HCT.gif.5c886639ce35046a116de4e38f9aac4d.gif

Probably was to be fair.

Nice to see Liverpool legend Rafa Benitez bring a bit of the heroic spirit of Istanbul to Goodison this afternoon.

On 8/13/2021 at 8:41 AM, kev2050 said:

I seem to be the admin of a fantasy league UKFF table from a long time ago that still has a lot of members in it. I don't know if there's another newer/bigger one, but if someone else wants to take control of it, I'm happy to hand it over to someone who might be more interested in it than me. 

https://fantasy.premierleague.com/leagues/auto-join/8sp3ty

Stop the count baby, I'm top of the pile. 

• Paid Members

There were some cracking goals scored today.

I can see it being Chelsea winning it this season, especially when Lukaku finds his place in the side, although Van Dijk returning for Liverpool is as good as them having a new signing, and United looked impressive against Leeds.

At the other end of the table I obviously hope Burnley go down. Norwich had a few moments, but could struggle against the top teams. Brentford will probably play like they have nothing to lose, and either comfortably stay up but struggle next season, or get found out and just slip further and further behind the pack as this season goes on. 

• Paid Members

I think Norwich will be alright this time around, they have decent players and Daniel Farke has established them for a few years now. I think Southampton could be for the chopping board- they've been treading water for a while and have just sold two of their top players. 

• Paid Members

I had TrevOH down as one of the half-dozen no-hopers when I first saw him lining up in pre-season. "It's pointless even giving them minutes!". He's earned a good chance now, what a couple of great performances.

Beautiful moment.

It was nice to finally get one over on Vieira as well. That was for the "why is Ms. Wenger doing the Bobby Carlos run-up... oh no, not again!" years, Spooge Chest.

• Paid Members

A very odd one, but why do bankrupted clubs not want to buy their history? I read that Gretna 2008 and Darlington didn't want it. Bury will probably do the same. What's the point?

Edited by bAzTNM#1

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, bAzTNM#1 said:

A very odd one, but why do bankrupted clubs not want to buy their history? I read that Gretna 2008 and Darlington didn't want it. Bury will probably do the same. What's the point?

The Rangers seem happy holding on to theirs, though.