The General Motors Domestic Football Thread. 21/22 (NO SHIT BANTER)

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

They definitely could do with a striker. If all this Kane talk is true and he's got players like de Bruyne getting the ball into him it could give City's season a big boost. Mind you they look like they could do with some defenders as well. Tottenham were playing out of their skin from what I saw. They deserved that win, and more goals. 

3 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

If all this Kane talk is true and he's got players like de Bruyne getting the ball into him it could give City's season a big boost.

Should think about offering up a proper bid then eh?

Skipp, Tanganga, Moura, Dele (my sweet, sweet Dele) were all immense. Can't believe there are still people (who don't understand football) who think Son is overrated. 

The whole stadium singing "Are you watching Harry Kane was both funny and a bit bittersweet if I'm honest.

But the nicest thing is seeing a good man as manager smile and be happy as he walks off the pitch. If that was his predecessor he'd have skulked off it sneering and probably trying to beat up Cancelo or something. It makes such a difference.

• Paid Members

@SuperBaconthe other thing about it would be whether an out and out centre forward like Kane woukd fit into the way Guardiola's teams play, or would City adapt to having a target man like Kane in the side?

• Paid Members
Just now, SuperBacon said:

Can't believe there are still people (who don't understand football) who think Son is overrated. 

Sons an odd one, I know neutrals that always tell me we’re fucked every time Kane gets injured despite watching some of the games with me when we won every week during Kane’s 2017 injury with Sonny leading the line, and I also have friends that have told me “he’s your best player” for three years or longer. Might just be my circle but there doesn’t seem to be consensus as to how good he is. World class if you listen to some, overrated to others.

• Paid Members
49 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

target man like Kane

He's really not a target man. I mean, he can be, but he can also drop deep to collect the ball. He holds the ball up very well to bring in the wider players, like he does with Son at Spurs and Sterling at England. He'd be fantastic at City.

And hey, if City are in a patch of desperation during a match and start spamming in the crosses (like they did today, 30 no less!), having someone like Kane in the box gives them a great plan B against teams with a low block. 

Still, he's no Calum Wilson. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, SuperBacon said:

Can't believe there are still people (who don't understand football) who think Son is overrated. 

Wonderful player. I've said for years he's world class, but his low profile off the pitch(in this country, I know he's god-like in his home country) means he doesn't get lumped with the usual suspects when talk gets around to teams like City needing a world class forward. Long may it continue.