The General Motors Domestic Football Thread. 21/22 (NO SHIT BANTER)

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
12 hours ago, PowerButchi said:

Also, how times change. It was 10 years ago today we fans raised 100k in 24 hours to save Wrexham from liquidation. 

Enjoy it! Makes those days of worry almost seem worth it...

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Guardiola won't be happy with this Messi PSG news. 

I don't think he'd be overly bothered at all. I reckon if they really wanted him, City would've made a move. Say what you want about City, but they do have a well-considered strategy when it comes to player recruitment. 

• Paid Members
20 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

You’re missing the point. He’s going to do that whilst earning £500k a week and cuckolding Neymar!

Didn't know he was married to Neymar's sister.

I seem to be the admin of a fantasy league UKFF table from a long time ago that still has a lot of members in it. I don't know if there's another newer/bigger one, but if someone else wants to take control of it, I'm happy to hand it over to someone who might be more interested in it than me. 

https://fantasy.premierleague.com/leagues/auto-join/8sp3ty

Fantastic seeing Thomas Frank there doing the rounds for selfies at the end. Carragher doing a shoot on Arsenal, the kid sticking his fingers up at the camera, the 'Eelectric' sign. As a great bit of TV that was a top Premier League game. 

Edited by Gay as FOOK

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, PunkStep said:

Can't this season end already?

Arsenal relegated, Bristol City staying up and Leicester with more trophies than Man CIty. Sold.

4 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Disappointed by the absence of 'plastic' or 'more than one team wanker', but good stuff.

If you’re not from the place and they aren’t the nearest team to you when you were young, you’re a plastic. That’s the rule. The rule for more than one club wankers is blindfolded with a half and half scarf when facing the firing squad. 

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

What type of football fan are you?  Obviously I’m a “Lifer” aka a proper fan. 

I'm definitely not a Statto, by their definition. Haven't placed a bet in years, actively dislike how "FPL" dominates so many people's thoughts at the weekend, and heatmaps are bollocks. I am fond of Elidh Barbour though.

(Statto was a nickname I got given at 6th Form as I used to run all the sweepstakes, including the controversial 2000 Royal Rumble one which I "won" by [legitimately] drawing The Rock's entry slot. Fortunately the guy who got Big Show didn't have Sky.)

I'm a lifer.