The General Motors Domestic Football Thread. 21/22 (NO SHIT BANTER)

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
52 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

After well over a decade, I would declare that I am now departing the Aston Villa hate bandwagon. 

9 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Because you're no longer an utterly tedious bunch of barely avoiding relegation bores, that's why. Danny Ings and Leon Bailey!

Yeah I agree. We have been boring for a decade. Last season was the first I've enjoyed since Martin O'Neil was manager (except the promotion season) 

Emi Buendia was a particularly good bit of business. I like Ward-Prowse too if they manage to get him but bidding £25m was taking the piss a bit. Buendia, Ings and Bailey for Grealish is good going to be fair. If Ings legs don’t fall off he’s guaranteed goals. 

I’ll be particularly unhappy should Liverpool go and turn those Jarrod Bowen rumours in to reality looking at the price Villa paid for Ings and Bailey.

Edited by Mr_Danger

1 hour ago, The Curious Orange said:

That Ings transfer has come out nowhere! Guessing that means Watkins is getting moved out to the left wing, but I thought him at centre forward was one of Villa's main strengths.

Although it was a pretty different set up when he was at Brentford (with Mbuemo and Benrahma), those three were incredibly interchangeable up front with Watkins often drifting in off the wing to create. There wasn't really an Ings between them, but it worked very well.

He's superb at doing that and running at defences to be honest, so that could be a really exciting set up for Villa. Buendia and Watkins flanking Ings sounds quite superb.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Mr_Danger said:

I’ll be particularly unhappy should Liverpool go and turn those Jarrod Bowen rumours in to reality looking at the price Villa paid for Ings and Bailey.

I'd be unhappy too. If Hereford hadn't gone bust and reformed as a club we'd have made a fortune from sell on fees for Bowen.

• Paid Members

I know this can be said about many players over the last 5 years, but Grealish isn't worth 100m is he? Surely the undeserved hype around him at the Euros has really inflated his price.

46 minutes ago, Murtz said:

I know this can be said about many players over the last 5 years, but Grealish isn't worth 100m is he? Surely the undeserved hype around him at the Euros has really inflated his price.

He is, because he is worth that much to Villa. 

If you discard what they've just done in the transfer market, without Grealish they could potentially go down, so yeah he is worth that much IMO.

• Paid Members

Young, English, extremely talented- there's a reason why nobody is up in arms over the price tag. He's absolutely a £100m player in this market. Ousmane Dembele and Joao Felix went for similar/more, let's not forget.

• Paid Members
39 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

He is, because he is worth that much to Villa. 

If you discard what they've just done in the transfer market, without Grealish they could potentially go down, so yeah he is worth that much IMO.

They could be a textbook example for the FFFP as well. Years after wonky accounting they now have 100M to massage.

Jack Grealish is 26 next month, he’s practically middle aged in football years. In the good old days he’d be sporting a comb over by now. It’s hard to argue his price when players like Pepe and and Kepa are going for £70m. Coutinho cost more and they are about as similar in talent as you could find for comparison.