The General Motors Domestic Football Thread. 21/22 (NO SHIT BANTER)

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Keith Houchen said:

I see Joey Barton got nicked for wife beating. He is such a piece of shit. 

He needs totally kicking out of the game. For someone to have already been inside, have a court case in progress for assaulting and knocking out the teeth of an opposing manager(allegedly), and not wife beating(allegedly) to still be in a position to earn a good living in a sport like football is taking the piss. Whatever happened to bringing the game into disrepute?

Paul Mullin to Wrexham, the only real winner in this is him. Mark Bonner took a player who was shite at Tranmere. (and bang average at every other club he's been at) Managed to mould him into a goal machine in one season. Mainly due to his fast press, high intensity football he employs in the team and with help from Wes Hoolahan's creativity.

I don't know enough about the Wrexham squad to comment if they have the players to supply Mullin with goals. But I do know from the way Phil Parkinson makes his teams play, it won't be to Mullin's strengths. From the press release, Parkinson said: He brings goals and is also a good team player. Which to me, translates to, he's going to be running around a lot chasing after a long ball.

As for Phil Parkinson himself, no-one here listens to the Undr The Cosh Podcast, where they interview all the ex-pro's? His name is mud on there. Their stories make him sound like an absolute bell-end.

This is my favourite story about him: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WC4x4Xr8lg8 - skip to 45:40 - ex Derby striker Steven Davies, talks about Parkinson's tactic tricks at Bradford. The phone trick, I've heard him do with other players as well.

Edited by Rossman

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Rossman said:

As for Phil Parkinson himself, no-one here listens to the Undr The Cosh Podcast, where they interview all the ex-pro's? His name is mud on there. Their stories make him sound like an absolute bell-end.

This is my favourite story about him: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WC4x4Xr8lg8 - skip to 45:40 - ex Derby striker Steven Davies, talks about Parkinson's tactic tricks at Bradford. The phone trick, I've heard him do with other players as well.

I've heard about Parkinson being a coward and a pushover before.Also heard a very similar story that Davies tells on the podcast about him fucking about and changing tactics up on a whim because he didn't want to tell a player he wasn't playing, and it went on to cause a big rift between two players who were best friends before.

Modern football is a fairly silly little game full of millionaires that don't particularly care about the club they're playing for (and why should they?) and the only thing you can hope for is a seldom connection between player and fans. As with Poch and not winning a trophy (which again, doesn't matter IMO) the journey with someone special is better than the destination with someone else.

Lamela was absolutely atrocious at times in his Spurs career, but he leaves as a cult legend because he was fully COYS.

"I feel the shirt the way you fans feel it" That is all I want from football to be honest.

Goodnight my sweet goth king. Your rabonas and hand stamping will live forever. 

spacer.png

Hey look, not a Twitter link!

Oh and we also signed Bryan Gil. Nice.

4 minutes ago, johnnyboy said:

"At times."  The odd worldy did paper over a lot of cracks.  However, still not the biggest waste of the Bale money.  Is there a club with a worse hit rate on "club record signings" than Spurs?

No, but any Chris Armstrong slander will be met by brute force. The bifta loving legend.

On 7/25/2021 at 12:39 PM, Cod Eye said:

I've heard about Parkinson being a coward and a pushover before.Also heard a very similar story that Davies tells on the podcast about him fucking about and changing tactics up on a whim because he didn't want to tell a player he wasn't playing, and it went on to cause a big rift between two players who were best friends before.

Parkinson is the reason we’re still in League One. The bloke is clueless, barely has a plan A and hates to be challenged by anyone. His brand of football is an absolute slog to watch.

He sent our best player, Aiden McGeady, off to Charlton on loan to make his own life easier rather than actually man-manage the situation like a good manager would. Then upon McGeady’s return, he had him training with the U-18’s for half the season with no game time.

As soon as that footballing dinosaur was sacked, Lee Johnson brought McGeady back into the team and he ended up being the most lethal player in the league for that remaining latter half of the season.

• Paid Members

Varane confirmed by both clubs pending a medical. Insane to think that he's only costing a fee of £34 rising to £42 million when arsenal are spending £50million on a defender that's had one and a half decent premier League seasons. 

If United could sort a striker they should be in contention this season.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57885665

I think the Varane fee is lower because he was entering his final year and United will be taking on his massive wages. It’s a really good signing though, if they go and get Saul Niguez next then that’ll be their best summer in years. 

14 minutes ago, Suplex Sinner said:

Varane confirmed by both clubs pending a medical. Insane to think that he's only costing a fee of £34 rising to £42 million when arsenal are spending £50million on a defender that's had one and a half decent premier League seasons. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57885665

I'm not saying hes better obviously but Ben White is 5 years younger. That is a major factor there.

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, Suplex Sinner said:

United won't need another striker until Cavani goes, that's not a priority. Next summer this will be the priority for them.

5 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

I think the Varane fee is lower because he was entering his final year and United will be taking on his massive wages. It’s a really good signing though, if they go and get Saul Niguez next then that’ll be their best summer in years. 

Saul is a cracking player but not *quite* what United are looking for. Unless Pogba goes and they decide not to go for Camavinga. They need someone like Ndidi, who could play on his own as a DM. Rice, I'm not so sure about.

Camavinga is gonna be one of those kids who gets paid £200k a week when he moves. Then again United pay their sub goalie twice that much so you never know.

I saw this earlier, it’s absolutely mad how much money United have and how good City’s accountants must be.
spacer.png

• Moderators

More boring Wrexham stuff. 

Apparently, according to the landlord of the Turf on the site, Tiktok are paying 400,000 quid to put a sign displaying their name the entire size of the currently unused Kop. Along with our electric advertising hoardings (the old ones from White Hart Lane, I believe), that's some more dollar coming in.