The General Motors Domestic Football Thread. 21/22 (NO SHIT BANTER)

PowerButchi

£50m? Jesus Christ. He'll instantly be their best defender, but that seems a lot. 

Also, @Frankie CrispI see you guys are getting Jack Roles on loan. Very highly rated, and I like the idea of him learning from Vieira.

Bit of a weird one as I'd expected him to go to a Championship/Div One level team again, but if he gets a good run of games, he could be a bit of a surprise.

• Paid Members
13 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

£50m? Jesus Christ. He'll instantly be their best defender, but that seems a lot. 

The fact that he becomes their best defender makes it worth it. Similar to United and Maguire. £80m is a lot but he is by far our best defender. Probably the best we have had since Vidic/Rio.

• Paid Members

There's precisely no way Harry Maguire is a better defender than Aaron Wan-Bissaka. But, Solskjaer should look into turning him into a centre-back and play him with Maguire, especially if Trippier's coming in.

Why do Arsenal fans hate their owners again? They always seem to spend good money and pay good wages even if they do mismanage those funds. I was wondering the same with United but isn’t that to do with using the club as leverage when buying the very same club? 

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Mr_Danger said:

I was wondering the same with United but isn’t that to do with using the club as leverage when buying the very same club? 

https://www.90min.com/posts/how-much-money-the-glazers-are-taking-out-of-man-utd

22 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

Why do Arsenal fans hate their owners again? They always seem to spend good money and pay good wages even if they do mismanage those funds. I was wondering the same with United but isn’t that to do with using the club as leverage when buying the very same club? 

Considering we almost ended up with this guy, I struggle to get too AFTV about it all, really. 

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

There's precisely no way Harry Maguire is a better defender than Aaron Wan-Bissaka. But, Solskjaer should look into turning him into a centre-back and play him with Maguire, especially if Trippier's coming in.

I thought that too about AWB, but I think his biggest issue would be the way he tackles. He pretty much commits everything when he's blocking or tackling on the wing, but that would be a lot risker in the box. The constant risk of giving away a penalty might diffuse his biggest strength.

To get back to the original intention of this thread, Ryan Reynolds was on the F1 coverage and said the British Grand Prix is the most exciting non Wrexham related sports event of the summer. 

Lovely stuff. 

• Paid Members
16 minutes ago, Murtz said:

I thought that too about AWB, but I think his biggest issue would be the way he tackles. He pretty much commits everything when he's blocking or tackling on the wing, but that would be a lot risker in the box. The constant risk of giving away a penalty might diffuse his biggest strength.

I think he would learn pretty quickly. Some people (Bailly / Smalling) never learn but he seems smarter than those two (not difficult, I know) and l reckon he would figure it out quickly. Of course, this will all be academic if United buy Varane.

On 7/15/2021 at 12:10 PM, PowerButchi said:

We're the worst team in it, surely? 

No. They will be including the Scotch league as well. 

Mr Coventry, George Curtis has died. He was a rock hard player and was the co manager when we won the fa cup. My favourite quote of his was when patronisingly asked after the semi final if he could actually believe Cov were in the final, he replied instantly with “Well yes I can believe it because we beat Leeds here today” and the interviewer shit it.