The General Motors Domestic Football Thread. 21/22 (NO SHIT BANTER)

PowerButchi

• Moderators

Double post but I do what I want. Has anyone here any experience of Phil Parkinson as their team's manager? He's apparently been offered the Wrexham job and was wondering what to expect.  I mean I remember Bradford's league Cup run, but anything else would be grand. 

Edited by PowerButchi

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, PowerButchi said:

Double post but I do what I want. Has anyone here any experience of Phil Parkinson as their team's manager? He's apparently been offered the Wrexham job and was wondering what to expect.  I mean I remember Bradford's league Cup run, but anything else would be grand. 

He was our manager after he'd done really well at Colchester. He's a really good guy but he was out of his depth at the time. He knows a player, he brought in players like Michael Turner, Sam Ricketts and Dean Marney who were key to our promotion in 2008 but he couldn't get anything out of them or what he inherited. Phil Brown ended up saving our season and then the rest us history. 

In fairness, PP went on to do an outstanding job at Bradford and did great at Bolton too. His football style is basic so he was never going to be popular at somewhere like Sunderland but if you want to win games, he's as good as most in the lower leagues. No experience in the National League from what I remember. 

• Paid Members

Fucking hell, it sounds like Patrick Vieira is getting the Palace job, That is very unexpected news. It will be very interesting to see how he does,  but am hoping for good things for him. Have always liked Vieira.  

Presumably that's another sign the Daniel Ek/Arsenal takeover is no longer active, given Vieira was supposedly involved (and also the fact it's all gone quiet).

3 hours ago, mim731 said:

Fucking hell, it sounds like Patrick Vieira is getting the Palace job,

Dunno, De Boer is now available and I’m sure he’d be welcomed back. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Keith Houchen said:

Dunno, De Boer is now available and I’m sure he’d be welcomed back. 

Reunite him with van Aanholt, I say.