The General Motors Domestic Football Thread. 21/22 (NO SHIT BANTER)

PowerButchi

https://www.google.com/amp/s/global247news.com/2021/07/19/gylfi-sigurdsson-arrest-for-texting-underage-girls-denied-by-his-wife/

Whoever it is (if not Gylfi) dirty bastard 

Edited by Big'Olympic_Hero'Pete

Anyone who doesn’t want to give the Daily Mail any clicks this is what’s being reported by them.

A married Premier League player has been arrested on suspicion of child sex offences, it emerged on Monday night.

The 31-year-old, who cannot be identified for legal reasons, has been suspended by his club while police investigate the allegations.

He was arrested last Friday by Greater Manchester Police before being released on bail.

In a statement, Greater Manchester Police said: 'Officers arrested a 31-year-old man on Friday 16 July 2021 on suspicion of child sex offences. He is on police bail pending further enquiries.'

A spokesman for his club said: 'We can confirm we have suspended a first-team player pending a police investigation.

'The club will continue to support the authorities with their inquiries and will not be making any further statement at this time.'

On Monday night, the player's agent declined to comment.

No names named but speculation has been rife about who it is and is easily googled.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

If it's who the rumour is then I hope the club does the right thing, last thing they need is even more bad publicity given everything thats happened so far this summer

Very little they can do unless proven guilty in court.

Ryan Giggs is still officially on gardening leave with the FAW while awaiting his court case.

9 hours ago, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

If it's who the rumour is then I hope the club does the right thing, last thing they need is even more bad publicity given everything thats happened so far this summer

Nobody forced them to sign Andros Townsend. 

9 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

I see Twitter is full of the usual Hahaha child abuse hahaha stuff. Wonderful!

Personally I’m there for the folk blaming the child and seeing if anyone manages to blame it on Heysel.

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

Personally I’m there for the folk blaming the child

He's (allegedly) a boo-boys favourite, the kid will be fine. If it had (allegedly) been Calvert-Lewin, then it'd be different.