The General Motors Domestic Football Thread. 21/22 (NO SHIT BANTER)

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, scratchdj said:

I just read Alex Scott will be a new commentator in FIFA 22 alongside Stewart Robson. I’m not familiar with him as a commentator, is he any good?

No. No he's not.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, scratchdj said:

alongside Stewart Robson

You're fucking joking. How he hell did that prick manage that gig?

He's a horrible man who has spent the past 20 years harbouring resentment towards his former club (Arsenal) because he's not considered a club great.

Great news about Alex Scott though. So many offended white men are now switching to PES, or whatever the new free version is going to be called. 

9 hours ago, scratchdj said:

I just read Alex Scott will be a new commentator in FIFA 22 alongside Stewart Robson. I’m not familiar with him as a commentator, is he any good?

To be honest, I’m not actually sure who the decent commentators are anymore.

Alex is not doing commentary, she's basically doing what Alan McInally has done on the games, the goal updates from other games on Season mode. Robson does the World Feed games for the PL, Europe and England, he'll be doing what Lee Dixon done, the co comms role

• Paid Members

Unbelievable signing @PowerButchiTaking League Two's best striker from a League One club is some statement. The reaction (I've seen) has been typical hypocrisy though. Everyone talking about the ambition, which I agree with, but if it had been Salford it would have been a disgrace, blah blah.

When was the last time there were four Welsh clubs in the football league? 1988? It's coming again soon, assuming Newport stay up!

• Moderators

I'm more than happy to buy the league. He's on a three year deal too. We must be paying him at least 5 grand a week, surely. Especially as championship teams were looking at him. 

Edited by PowerButchi

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, PowerButchi said:

I'm more than happy to buy the league. He's on a three year deal too. We must be paying him at least 5 grand a week, surely. Especially as championship teams were looking at him. 

Barnsley were looking at him at one point last season. 

I'd worry about them paying the sort of wages that it will have taken to get the lad. It might be ok this season, but once in the league there is limit to how much of the clubs turnover they can spend on wages, with League 2 clubs only being able to spend 55% on wages. Even if the ground is full week week in, week out, it won't leave a lot of room to build a squad.

Maybe they have managed to pull in some eye watering level sponsorship deals, though...

• Moderators

Well our shirt sponsors are Tiktok and Experia, so we're making bank there, along with aviation gin sponsorship and the rights money from Disney for the documentary. So I reckon our coffers will be fine for the salary cap.