The General Motors Domestic Football Thread. 21/22 (NO SHIT BANTER)

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
34 minutes ago, Steve Justice said:

20210713-191926.jpg

Spotted during the Hibs/Arsenal friendly. 

Worse than a half and half scarf. 

I note with interest you omitted to add what the scoreline in this game was.

I don't want to derail this in to a Spurs/Arsenal thread.

After the Victorian age tweet and now it seems one of our possible signings (Kounde) is not interested in coming to Spurs. Add those things to the manager debacle we are a bit of a joke.

24 minutes ago, stewdogg said:

I don't want to derail this in to a Spurs/Arsenal thread.

After the Victorian age tweet and now it seems one of our possible signings (Kounde) is not interested in coming to Spurs. Add those things to the manager debacle we are a bit of a joke.

*gestures vaguely at the last 60 odd years*

• Paid Members
21 minutes ago, PowerButchi said:

DAILY BORING WREXHAM UPDATE:

Expedia have paid several hundred thousands of pounds to be our back of the shirt sponsor. 

And we have a burger shop sponsor our shorts. God I wish we were the Hollywood poster boys of the Non League. Maybe Ryan Gosling will take us over?

In all seriousness, as Hereford are still the league below, I am excited to see what you lot do with your season and international wealth and popularity next year. The tourism trade alone has to be due a bit of a boost by football fans wanting to see a game surely?

• Moderators
19 minutes ago, Shy Dad said:

And we have a burger shop sponsor our shorts. God I wish we were the Hollywood poster boys of the Non League. Maybe Ryan Gosling will take us over?

In all seriousness, as Hereford are still the league below, I am excited to see what you lot do with your season and international wealth and popularity next year. The tourism trade alone has to be due a bit of a boost by football fans wanting to see a game surely?

Well, season tickets will be like rocking horse shit. As a holder I can renew mine, thank fuck.

But Rob Mac and Ryan Reynolds already has opened a competition where on their first game here you can sit with them and they buy your pints. Three Winners. 2 x Wrexham, 2 x UK, 2 x International and they'll pay the expenses. And that day all 12,000 seats will be sold. 

Wrexham has gone for City Status, and the Welsh Assembly has all of a sudden found 25m for ground and area around it redevelopment. That's the sway they have. Tiktok and Expedia aren't sponsoring Wrexham, they're sponsoring Ryan Reynolds. But I'll take it. 

Our average attendance is normally about 4,000 which is huge for non league as it is. It's at midtable of league one. And we sell out every Boxing Day. But I honestly think we'll be getting 7-8k a game until our first loss on a fucking freezing pissing down Tuesday night in October. 

Edited by PowerButchi

• Moderators

Also, I'd love to see Hereford back up. Nothing worse than watching these tinpot bastards surpass us is there? Who the fuck are Crawley, Fleetwood? Burton Albion have even played championship football. Sutton went up this season for fucks sakes. 

Edited by PowerButchi