The General Motors Domestic Football Thread. 21/22 (NO SHIT BANTER)

PowerButchi

Nowadays it’s podcasts innit. Nothing stops someone doing a podcast even if it’s shite, like practically all of them are. Shit fanzines stopped because nobody bought them and they couldn’t afford the print them. 

• Paid Members

Ramsdale was awful last season. Do Arsenal's scouts actually watch football games? Leno's not great either but clearly much better. Did Odegaard actually do anything last season during his loan spell? I just remember lots of sideways passes and a goal against Olympiacos.

• Paid Members
Just now, Devon Malcolm said:

Ramsdale was awful last season. Do Arsenal's scouts actually watch football games? Leno's not great either but clearly much better. Did Odegaard actually do anything last season during his loan spell? I just remember lots of sideways passes and a goal against Olympiacos.

When I read the news this morning, my first thought was what Devon was going to think about it. I hate this place.

3 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Odegaard is one of the few players who wants to get on the ball and create something that isn’t a cross. We always looked more cohesive with him in the team imvho. 

Ramsdale, no idea. To help the lads mentally prepare for relegation? Maybe they’re planning on hiring Wilder in a few weeks. 

• Paid Members

We looked much, much better with Odegaard last season. After he signed, coupled with ESR's integration into the first team, our results were much better (3rd most points in 2021 I believe). He adds creativity that we are massively short of beyond ESR, and Tierney whipping it into the box. 

Still only 22 and showing leadership qualities too, something else we sorely lack. He supposedly works his tits off in training too.

14 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

Sunday: Beat champions convincingly. 

Thursday: Lose in Europa League Conference.

Standard Spurs week. Never change.

Edit: "You'll never sing that"

Marvellous fayre 

If Adama Traore could pass, finish, pick people out well, shoot, head or do anything a functional player should be able to do well, he would be really good.

Spurs were abject. The highlight was the singing when Kane came on. Good BANTZ between the two sets of fans.

In all honesty, it was a pretty entertaining game despite there not being much quality on show. 

• Paid Members

Traore is shite, most Wolves fans love him because he can take a man on. The fact he predominantly does fuck all with it after taking them on means nothing to them.

It winds the fuck out of me and my old man though, the sooner he goes to Spurs for ÂŁ40mil (Rumours, I'd take less) the sooner we can invest that into someone like Guedes, Ocampos or another similar type player.

We may have lost two so far, but our standard of football has improved ten fold, we're enjoyable to watch again. When the front line clicks we could be dangerous to go up against.

Kloppo loves Traore but I think the moment for him to come good has passed and even a Klopp hug couldn’t fix him. Neto is the one but he went and got himself all injured so Wolves will keep him for this season at least.

The boy Harvey Elliott looks the business. Stood some mean looking challenges too. I know the like a new signing cliche is a bullshit cliche but the lad is like a new signing! Did a spot on Harry Kane impression back in the day too if you can excuse him using that horrible word to describe him.

• Paid Members

Fred's effort against Southampton needs to go down in the annals of United history alongside Prunier and Milne and Wallace as one of the worst performances I've ever seen. I think he completed one pass the entire game. Easily one of the worst players in the league right now, he legitimately has no positives at all.

• Paid Members
23 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

One positive is it’s absolutely hilarious to all proper fans. 

Sorry, I forgot Maine Road was geographically 36 feet closer to Withington Hospital, where I was born.