Wrestlemania 37 - April 10th & 11th

Supremo

10 minutes ago, Doog said:

As I feared they couldn’t help themselves and were still piping in crowd noise throughout a lot of the show. I was really hoping they wouldn’t do that. It’s going to be a feature forever now isn’t it

It was always a feature of pre-recorded shows

If they piped in crowd noise, then they must have done a real subtle job of it because the crowd wasn't very noticeable for much of the night. Which for a fraction of the capacity in an open air stadium wasn't really something you could find too disappointing, but I didn't notice very many abrupt, high pitched spikes in volume you'd usually associate with piped in noise. 

Whilst you could tell they were definitely hot for the big matches, the distancing did seem to make it hard to get any structured chants going. It was basically just cheering and booing. 

• Paid Members

The rain delay was great, because it meant we got some spontaneity on a WWE show for the first time in forever. 

I adored the main event, and can't see anything on Night Two topping it. It was the exact opposite of a forced Shawn Michaels/Undertaker epic, or an interminably long Adam Cole match, because the best parts were built around things that only worked for the two wrestlers in the ring. Not finisher spam, or constant big moves, but stuff like the use of Bianca's hair to aid Sasha's finishers - those are spots that can only be used within this match, so it makes it unique, and makes the story more compelling by centring it squarely on the wrestlers and not the moves. It was creative, and fun, and brilliant. Both women looked like absolute stars, but Bianca Belair like an absolute generational talent. She can do everything.

Bad Bunny over-delivered more than anything in wrestling in years. The whole match was just a joy to watch, in a way nothing in Covid-era WWE has been. 

41 minutes ago, Doog said:

As I feared they couldn’t help themselves and were still piping in crowd noise throughout a lot of the show. I was really hoping they wouldn’t do that. It’s going to be a feature forever now isn’t it

They didn't just start piped in noises over the past year you know.

Plus to be honest there's not a single moment I can think of last night that I actually thought they were interfering with the crowd noise. So if they've found a less obvious way of doing it than before then good.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Supremo said:

The only thing I can think of is that they’ve signed Brock for the Summer and they want to do Lashley vs. Lesnar first before Drew beats Brock at Summerslam.

I dunno, I think if they get chance to put one last loss on Lesnar, I think there’s better uses than the bloke who’s already beaten him for the top belt at a Mania. I’d probably.... have Lesnar win the WWE title from Lashley, swap either the belts or some wrestlers to the opposite shows, assuming he hasn’t retired I’d give Daniel Bryan the eventual “beast slaying” he’s always had in him, and on the other side have Drew go back to the top by taking the Universal title from Reigns (that’s a Mania main event in today’s climate).

I’m of course assuming Reigns retains tonight with that plan.

23 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

They didn't just start piped in noises over the past year you know.

Plus to be honest there's not a single moment I can think of last night that I actually thought they were interfering with the crowd noise. So if they've found a less obvious way of doing it than before then good.

When did they pump in crowd noise before then? Genuine question because I've never been aware of it. I know they've always pissed about in post-production and even muted reactions in recent years. But piping in cheers during a live event?

The sweetening was massively noticeable in the main event to me. Drowned out what looked like organic reactions at various points.

Enjoyed it overall.

I genuinely thought they would gimmick the ring for Shane's bump but, no, there he was taking a crazy bump onto a regular ring. Don't know why but I laughed a bit when Cole said 'This match was dedicated to anyone who's ever been called stupid'.

Vince can't speak anymore can he? It's quite sad seeing him like that knowing what he was like in the 90's but time catches up with everyone I suppose.

Looking forward to tonights show.

Edited by Snitsky's back acne