Wrestlemania 37 - April 10th & 11th

Supremo

I didn’t know the cards until I watched night 1 but night 2 looks on paper like it could be a much better show. I’m super excited for the 3 way and the Rhea match could be excellent. I reckon, if they’re allowed to, Owens and Sami could be match of the night. Those two are fabulous together.

• Paid Members

I hadn’t even considered it until reading this thread but now I want nothing more than Becky Lynch to pull a Stone Cold/Scott Steiner during that Women’s Tag Title match. Run in and just smash everyone. Stunners all round.

Now watch. They’ll use Becky’s return to announce a surprise third team...and Becky will be teaming with Charlotte to win the belts.

• Awards Moderator

Really enjoyed it, including their arse going when it got a bit rainy. Impressed with the impromptu promos to fill the void.

Cesaro and Rollins was a hoot, definitely the match of the night, but the main event was a refreshing start as I assumed it was built for Drew to win the big one in front of humans.

Dana Brooke looks ridiculous.

That lad with AJ Styles will be champ within a year unless they Strowman him; he has that mid-90s ‘I’m just going to twat everyone because I’m massive’ feel but they will, of course, make a balls of it.

Banks looked like that old grey bloke meme with her facials when Vince was talking, but she hit it out of the park in the match. That hair whip sounded brutal.

Bring on tonight, unless it drizzles.

• Paid Members
24 minutes ago, uklaw said:

So who do we have as most enthusiastic/cringe superstar parent when they appear on screen? 

Miz’s dad? Zack Ryder’s dad? Or new contender, Bianca Belair’s dad?

18 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

The Young Bucks dad is the most cringe, by far.

Judy Bagwell, surely.

8 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Shane McMahon's Dad.

I stand corrected.

• Paid Members

Shasha looked like a witch from Power Rangers. The match with Belair did its job in showcasing Belair. Banks was very selfless in that respect. Enjoyed seeing the crowd back and liked that the show had a chaotic element to it. Watching the replays you can see that they've edited it in spots. Have they cut out anything major? Back in the day I would ensure that I would have a copy of the live show. I haven't bothered with that in a long time.

Roll on night 2

Edited by BigJag

• Paid Members
46 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Shane McMahon's Dad.

This made me laugh.

”Can I stand next to you dad, like Stephanie and Hunter?”

”Can you bollocks, make room for Roman.”

25861B6B-7413-45D5-9889-006A77BB9FD3.thumb.jpeg.4c692ae5d3e98f0e5db03f91f6d034ef.jpeg

EDIT: Having now finished and thoroughly enjoyed this show, I’ve concluded that HBK has truly changed the business. Not how he intended though. Quite the opposite. The more of these overlong, “epic,” shitshows we get in NXT, the more I appreciate the shortest, most serviceable matches. That main event was the perfect example. It wasn’t great by any means, but an engaging, simple story told in less than twenty minutes? Yes fucking please.

Im still racking my brains about that opener finish though. It beggars belief. The only thing I can think of is that they’ve signed Brock for the Summer and they want to do Lashley vs. Lesnar first before Drew beats Brock at Summerslam. Still made Drew look a complete wally on the night though. Honestly, if it’s not Brock then the only other thing that would make sense is that Drew failed a wellness test.

Edited by Supremo

Thought it was a grand show & great to see a bit of normality, even the weather delay was a nice change from something covid related. As all of ye pointed out, that womens tag result is baffling unless proper stars come back and plow through team useless dullard.

• Paid Members
57 minutes ago, Project Nim said:

Anyone else think they’ll have Hogan come out in the NWO gear tonight so the audience are “reacting correctly” by booing a heel character?

They'd probably cheer for that.

@BigJagI'd imagine they'll have just edited out Dana Brooke's wardrobe malfunctions, maybe Mandy Rose slipping on the entryway.