Other AEW shows discussion (Dark, Elevation, BTE, whatever else)

LaGoosh

• Paid Members

Clips have started appearing on my Timeline. How do you give this footage the green light? Especially with everything that’s been going on!

Madness. Andrade and CM Punk probably watching on furious, realising they could have gotten more punches in on people if they just did it in the ring.

39 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Clips have started appearing on my Timeline. How do you give this footage the green light? Especially with everything that’s been going on!

Madness. Andrade and CM Punk probably watching on furious, realising they could have gotten more punches in on people if they just did it in the ring.

The following minute is even worse. Athena gives Threat a front suplex from the inside to the outside, then kicks her as hard as she can into the barricade. 

Athena realises she has fucked up and will be given a mop for a friend, so shakes Threat's hand and hugs her after the match.

• Paid Members

The other clips are in the replies to that tweet. The suplex to the outside is reckless and the kick to the barricade is just as bad. The lass looks wrecked when Athena picks her up to raise her hand. Just terrible. 

Edited by Nick James

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Nick James said:

I've never been able to buy in to Athena, even so far as back in NXT. She was shite on Raw, then shite when she went back to NXT and there's been nothing in her AEW run to prove me wrong. Shes another Ruby Soho in that people thought she was better than she is and has been found out now that bad creative can't be blamed.

Was about to say the same thing and then you beat me to it. Athena has some cheek to take her aggression out on someone doing something badly, considering how much of a dead loss she is herself. 

These recent additions to AEW's women's roster from WWE have actually weakened it further in my book. I think Storm, Soho, Athena and Saraya are all poor in the ring. They all don't provide anything above what you already get from Nyla, Deeb, Shida, Baker, Cargill, Hayter etc. Extra bodies to be beaten I guess.

It's one thing to have an unprofessional attitude because you actually are better than what you have to work with and you're frustrated. Not justifiable, but understandable. But if you're an Athena level talent? You better be professional as it gets because you don't offer much else. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Nick James said:

The other clips are in the replies to that tweet. The suplex to the outside is reckless and the kick to the barricade is just as bad. The lass looks wrecked when Athena picks her up to raise her hand. Just terrible. 

Yeah, it’s that final clip of Athena patronisingly raising her hand that annoyed me the most.

It’s a laugh when two stars like Charlotte and Nia start throwing hands on live TV, but what the fuck is a jobber supposed to do in that scenario? It’s not like they can fight back. Terrible abuse of power.

Athena’s already been a massive disappointment in AEW, feeling like a Create-a-wrestler who spent all her stats on the cool finisher without anything else to show for it, but after this? Immediately fuck off back to NXT. Don’t pass go. Don’t collect two hundred pounds. Punch Sammy Guevara if you want.

4 hours ago, Nick James said:

I've never been able to buy in to Athena, even so far as back in NXT. She was shite on Raw, then shite when she went back to NXT and there's been nothing in her AEW run to prove me wrong. Shes another Ruby Soho in that people thought she was better than she is and has been found out now that bad creative can't be blamed.

Athena/Moon accepting the NXT woman's title while former champion Asuka (who she choked against twice) is also there grinning like an idiot is still hilarious.

Those wings are proper shit.

Surely she should be shown the door after that display? Especially after all the recent suspensions over a fight that wasn't even caught on camera.

I'm assuming that TS doesn't watch the YouTube shows because if he does and still though "that's good to air" then he's a bigger muppet than I thought.

Edit. 

Unpopular opinion probably but I think Toni Storm has settled in quite well. Better than Athena and Soho, at least. 

Edited by The King Of Swing

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Infinity Land said:

How many people have watched the match at this point, not just the clips? 

Just watched the whole match, safe to say my opinion hasn't changed. The match was clunky to start with, then after the clothesline (which didn't seem like no selling, more like miscommunication), Athena starts laying the shots in. The clips are pretty much the whole story.

• Paid Members

I reckon Athena is one of the better performers they've got at the moment. She's not that polished, but I'd much rather watch her matches than most (Storm, Baker, Soho, those four blonde ones who blend into one, Statlander are crushingly dull). Cargill, Athena, Hayter, Shida, Rosa when she can be arsed, Nayla Rose and Deeb - that's the makings of a fun division.