Other AEW shows discussion (Dark, Elevation, BTE, whatever else)

LaGoosh

1 minute ago, The King Of Swing said:

Haven't watched recent YouTube shows, has Riho been on any? or is she injured again/back in Japan? 

Rosa Vs. Riho could be a good little match.

Not since earlier in the year, I don't think she's actually been wrestling much this year in general.

Just now, Merzbow said:

Not since earlier in the year, I don't think she's actually been wrestling much this year in general.

That's a shame.

As much as she gets ripped on by some she's a great underdog type of wrestler, usually gets a good crowd reaction and would be the perfect challenger for Rosa on TV, imo. 

Odds on Toni Storm will get another shot, though to be fair she's done better than I was expecting. 

Still a shit promo though. 

Speculation going into All Out has been on the repeat of Thunder Rosa v. Toni Storm or the 4 way between those two and Britt Baker & Jamie Hayter.

On Riho. They've been happy bringing over Shida to work Elevation the last month plus. Easily could have been bringing over Riho as well if they wanted. So either she's busy with other things or just not in the plans.

• Paid Members

Fair play to Kenny for what’s a mostly understated return. If anyone deserves the massive return with training montages featuring U2 - Beautiful Day it’s him.

Punk back. Omega back. Danielson back. Undisputed Era on the shelf. The injury gods have blessed us.

14 hours ago, Supremo said:

Fair play to Kenny for what’s a mostly understated return.

I really hope he is the third man for the Bucks. Have the DO go out early in the tournament leading to Hangman stepping up for the Bucks. Imagine Hangmans face if he headed for the ring to be the third man only for the Bucks to look gutted then Kenny’s music hits. The Bucks and Omega to win the trios as Hangman plays the anguished friend once again. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Joe Blog said:

I really hope he is the third man for the Bucks. Have the DO go out early in the tournament leading to Hangman stepping up for the Bucks. Imagine Hangmans face if he headed for the ring to be the third man only for the Bucks to look gutted then Kenny’s music hits. The Bucks and Omega to win the trios as Hangman plays the anguished friend once again. 

Oh, that's awesome. I don't see it happening, but it's lovely. 

Edited by Chris B

• Paid Members

I've envisioned it as Kenny coming out to a huge pop and then... here comes Don Callis with a shit eating grin.

Everyone's been expecting Kenny to return as a babyface, humbled by what happened with Hangman and his long layoff. But no, he's still the twat he was before and still hanging around with Callis. The Bucks immediately also return to dickish ways and off we go again.

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, Merzbow said:

Free Range Kara!

She's not particularly good but I just love how daft the whole gimmick is and lost it at Daddy Magic talking about the price of eggs.

Daddy Magic being on comms this week gives me hope they've finally given up on the Mark Henry experiment.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Statto said:

I've envisioned it as Kenny coming out to a huge pop and then... here comes Don Callis with a shit eating grin.

Everyone's been expecting Kenny to return as a babyface, humbled by what happened with Hangman and his long layoff. But no, he's still the twat he was before and still hanging around with Callis. The Bucks immediately also return to dickish ways and off we go again.

Oh I hope it's this, I'd forgotten all about weasel Callis, this would be fantastic. Bollocks to your fairy tale return. 

I hope he wears a leather jacket / denim waistcoat too.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Statto said:

But then Kenny turns on them and joins Coles lot. Leaving the Bucks continuing this unloved thing, Kenny getting more heat, even the Undisputed can't drag that down.

No. No, they would. Ignore that. 

8 hours ago, Joe Blog said:

First match of the tournament is The Bucks + ? v. Andrade, RUSH, and Dragon Lee.

I’d quite like Callis to side with Andrade and Rush. Andrade is one of those people who I want to enjoy watching - his matches are consistently excellent - but his character is utterly dull. Every attempt to pair him with a manager has failed, and while it’s a bit of a left-field pairing, I think Callis and Andrade may actually work. Andrade’s character is about wealth and riches, and Callis is motivated by greed - there’s logic to any partnership.

Unfortunately, I expect Callis to side with Adam Cole and ReDragon. Perhaps that will make them less terrible, but I think that’s unlikely.