Other AEW shows discussion (Dark, Elevation, BTE, whatever else)

LaGoosh

7 minutes ago, chokeout said:

Regal being gold and if anyone says they could see how this interview would end then they're liars. 

This popped up in the Dynamite thread and I'll repeat how wonderful a left turn this takes. I love seeing completely different beats of humour mesh. Big fan of Regal delivering jokes but sounding like a northern Guy Ritchie villain. 

'You've got to do to the voice.' 

• Paid Members

The deadpan delivery of the Supremes joke had me cackling, just two genuinely funny guys with different comedic styles completely gelling with each other. One thing with Hey! (Ew) is it shows who are super serious and those that take it for a laugh. Ruby Soho or Nyla and Vickie for example.

• Paid Members

Mark Henry and Tony Schiavone on Elevation was not a great commentary combo. 

*Jobbers get killed in 2 minutes*

Schiavone: "Well that didn't take long". 

Mark Henry: "Rome wasn't built in a day, and that didn't take long, two things that come in common!" 

Had to push my brain back into my ear after that one. Little rascal was trying to sneak away. 

Edited by JLM

1 hour ago, The King Of Swing said:

Unless he has a backstage role that I don't know about Mark Henry has been a completely pointless signing. 

Is Big Show still around?  I haven't seen his name mentioned in ages.  From a PR perspective its bizarre they haven't put him to better use (not wrestling).  

6 minutes ago, CTXRussomark said:

Is Big Show still around?  I haven't seen his name mentioned in ages.  From a PR perspective its bizarre they haven't put him to better use (not wrestling).  

Last thing I read was this, which is a bit odd..

https://metro.co.uk/2022/07/13/aew-big-show-will-play-waterboy-character-captain-insano-for-last-run-16993641/

• Paid Members

https://cultaholic.com/posts/aew-files-trademark-for-potential-new-tv-series 

This is quite an interesting move and I'm hoping its going to be a women's brand wrestling show as opposed to a Total Diva's type show, the women could do with the focus so if having their own show gives them that, I'm all for it. 

Syphoning the women into their own show doesn’t seem like the right way to address concerns that they aren’t getting enough time and attention. Rather than give them a bigger presence on the main product they’d separated to a side show.