Other AEW shows discussion (Dark, Elevation, BTE, whatever else)

LaGoosh

Yeah I've always thought a women's only show was a bit of a step back for any company really. That sends out the message that they're not worth focusing on during existing programming, so why should people give a shit about tuning in to something else? Plus the last thing AEW needs is more shows.

Don't see it being a wrestling show. That's if it even happens of course. So far since Rhodes to the Top ending there has been talk of a Darby Allin show, then more of a general BTS type show, and now this.

I can see this as maybe as a version of the BTS show with the focus being on the women. Doing week in the life episodes.

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Bicurious Dad said:

Syphoning the women into their own show doesn’t seem like the right way to address concerns that they aren’t getting enough time and attention. Rather than give them a bigger presence on the main product they’d separated to a side show.

That wasn't really what I was getting at, I meant give them direction with their own show as well as Dynamite etc, not remove them from the main shows.

It's so rare for them to even do 2 women's matches on a show. An additional wrestling show would probably look small time as I wouldn't see them replacing Elevation for it. Which is the main time they tape in front of the arenas outside of Dynamite/Rampage.

They've had Rampage for a year now. It would have been easy enough for them over the course of a year to just randomly put out an all Women's show that it wouldn't look like a token event. I think they've only bothered with two women's matches once or twice. With the show starting as 1-2 and now regularly 1-3 in favour of men's matches.

It should have been simple to have a TBS/Women's title match to start. One of the more popular tag combos in the middle and a no.1 Contender/feud as a main event.

• Paid Members

I don't think there's a wrestler on the planet I enjoy watching more right now than Takeshita (and that's saying something as there are some very good wrestlers in very good form at the moment).

Ive never heard the guy speak a word & I root for him like crazy.

I dunno if he's interested in staying beyond his excursion but TK should cough up whatever it takes to make that happen, he's a proper megastar in the making IMO. If he wants to go home, at very least bring him back for (major) one-offs as often as possible.

I have to say I watched Dynamite and didn't get the impression there was a PPV (edit: or TV special) this Saturday.  Is it ROH, is it AEW... Their events are odd.  It reminds me of when you had WWF, WCW and ECW belts all on Raw/Smackdown, and it was a mess then as well.

Someone on Reddit said about AEW

Guys who get TV time, in order:

1. Big Name Talent
  2. New Talent Signed From WWE
  3. Random Wrestlers from other promotions
  4. AEW wrestlers who are in booking limbo

Which seems about right.

Edited by Loki

10 minutes ago, The King Of Swing said:

Do you mean Battle of The Belts? That's just a TV special that TNT seemed to push on TS.

Yeah, I'm watching it now and it's like an hour special, hence the lack of real advertisement.  Jamie Hayter match is good though I think she got her bell rung early by a DDT.

38 minutes ago, Loki said:

I have to say I watched Dynamite and didn't get the impression there was a PPV (edit: or TV special) this Saturday.

Battle of the Belts aren't really. Look at how they've promoted their debut on TBS, Quake at the Lake compared to the BOTB that weekend. The same will probably be true of BOTB IV as the Canada debut is the following week.

Go back in a time machine to Jan 2020 AEW sign a new deal with Turner which would lead to Rampage, quarterly specials on TNT, and talk of developing other shows. The TNT quarterly specials were expected to be treated like mini-PPVs. Then two years go by, the move to TBS, Rampage is up and running on TNT, and suddenly the specials aren't so special.

The first Battle of the Belts was announced in September/October. It was live, expected to have all the titles defended and be a 2hr annual event. When the time came it was only given an hour and Battle of the Belts became AEW's Clash of Champions. They now bundle tapings as a live Rampage with taped BOTB. I can see them being scrubbed once the contract commitments end.

34 minutes ago, Loki said:

Yeah, I'm watching it now and it's like an hour special, hence the lack of real advertisement.  Jamie Hayter match is good though I think she got her bell rung early by a DDT.

She broke her nose. Hopefully won't miss too much time.

I've said this before, but if the Blackpool Combat Club want a female member, Hayter is it.  She's British, she hits hard and she has the attitude.