Other AEW shows discussion (Dark, Elevation, BTE, whatever else)

LaGoosh

• Paid Members

Is Tay still wrestling on Dark & Elevation or is she just Sanmy's Girlfriend now for TV purposes? That catfught with Paige VanZant was dreadful, and I'm pretty sure @Thunderplexwon't have enjoyed the post match stuff for fear of it reigniting some long buried memories. 

It's a shame they couldn't get Riccaboni in to call the ROH match like they managed to in Impact. 

I wonder whether Tony's big announcement will be some kind of RoH TV deal? Would he be allowed to announce it on Dynamite if it was going to be on a different network? 

The main event was too long. They both looked tired, rather than like they were selling towards the end of the match. 

• Paid Members

I'm not sure they are moving forward with a Sammy heel turn as Schiovane was trying to call it as "they'd done him dirty, so he was giving it back." although that post match celebration was also pretty heelish. 

I don't know what we do with Rosa now, especially if Serena Deeb is going to be tied up feuding with SHIDA still. Its like when Page won the title. It feels like they have these great long term angles to get people to the title, then they've not got a lot of idea about what to do from there. 

• Paid Members
55 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

I wonder whether Tony's big announcement will be some kind of RoH TV deal? Would he be allowed to announce it on Dynamite if it was going to be on a different network? 

I can’t see ROH getting a TV deal anywhere outside of Discovery/Warner so I’d can’t see it being an issue in that regard. As for the announcement, an ROH TV deal would be big, but an AEW Discovery+/HBO Max deal is probably more important overall for both companies going forward. 

As long as it’s not Bray Wyatt, I’ll be ok

32 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

I don't know what we do with Rosa now, especially if Serena Deeb is going to be tied up feuding with SHIDA still. Its like when Page won the title. It feels like they have these great long term angles to get people to the title, then they've not got a lot of idea about what to do from there. 

I wonder if they’ll go with a triple threat? Rosa/Deeb/Shida, for example, could bea lot of fun. Then again, they seem to have turned Red Velvet, so I guess they could go with her. Or do Paige/Tay on TV, with a heel Tay going on to face Rosa. I also wouldn’t be shocked if they did a belt vs belt and had her wrestle Jade Cargill. I would absolutely be in favour of Cargill winning the main belt. She’s what Britt Baker should have been, but wasn’t. 

Anyway, Battle of the Belts. If Sammy’s going heel, I understand the decision to put the belt on him. However, I hope they keep him as champ for some time. Up until Miro lost the belt, the TNT title felt really important. It’s been bouncing around far too much, and it just doesn’t feel important right now. 

I found it hard to care about Castle/Gresham since I had no idea who either of them was. Castle’s entrance was a lot of fun though, although if he’s sticking around I hope they change his Queen rip-off theme song. 

• Paid Members
27 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

I can’t see ROH getting a TV deal anywhere outside of Discovery/Warner so I’d can’t see it being an issue in that regard. As for the announcement, an ROH TV deal would be big, but an AEW Discovery+/HBO Max deal is probably more important overall for both companies going forward. 

As long as it’s not Bray Wyatt, I’ll be ok

Strong rumours has it there's a big AEW vs New Japan show planned for the summer in Chicago so it's probably that.

• Paid Members

As long as they don't take the belt of Sammy just so he can win it back at the next Battle Of The Belts again. 

2 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Is Tay still wrestling on Dark & Elevation or is she just Sanmy's Girlfriend now for TV purposes?

Hasn't wrestled since Revolution.

2 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

I'm not sure they are moving forward with a Sammy heel turn as Schiovane was trying to call it as "they'd done him dirty, so he was giving it back." although that post match celebration was also pretty heelish.

Don't think it was the plan, but they're leaning into it. I'm not really interested in the latin Kip Sabian/Penelope Ford.

1 hour ago, LaGoosh said:

Strong rumours has it there's a big AEW vs New Japan show planned for the summer in Chicago so it's probably that.

Not like AEW already have a big Chicago show to end the summer :)

32 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

As long as they don't take the belt of Sammy just so he can win it back at the next Battle Of The Belts again. 

You never know. I thought one of the reasons Kaz suddenly popped up in the Top 5 rankings was to justify a battle of former SCU boys when they did the California shows.

18 minutes ago, Chili said:

Dalton Castle is something of a blind spot to me. Smiled through his whole entrance, just a very fun act. I got a funny kick out of his entourage just being called 'the boys.' 

He's never been the same since he fucked his back up, real shame as he should have made a fortune.

Dalton's a solid act. It's a shame his back is meant to be limiting him.

As with any giant he's limited in what you can do with him. Satnam's striding to the ring and laying waste to everyone is the best bit of MMQB'ing i've seen in a while. He's no lumbering Giant Khali which was the first impression many people took away from his debut.

7 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

This was a taped show and they didn't sweeten the crowd reaction like they did for Sammy a couple of weeks ago on Rampage. That, plus the low blow, plus the post-match celebration plus everyone but Tony S being disgusted with his antics makes me think they've realised that this duo is a heel duo and are not trying to force them to be anything else now. This reign really did nothing for Scorpio Sky, huh?

Tall guy looked a lot better here than he did on Dynamite. That visual of him and Gresham was crazy. I thought the show overall was decent.

Edited by 69MeDon