Other AEW shows discussion (Dark, Elevation, BTE, whatever else)

LaGoosh

20 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

Joey Janela and Sonny Kiss had a cracking no dq match on Dark. Definitely check it out. 

I hadn’t even realised their tag team had split up. Sonny Kiss is someone I’d like to see AEW do more with, there’s money to be made with him. That brief tag team with Dustin Rhodes was great, I’ll never understand why they dropped that to run with the Natural f’ng Nightmares. 

Problem I have with much of Dark now is it’s the talent who should be working with people better than them to learn and grow, but they are doing 3 min squashes to get them all tv time. I can’t see many getting tv ready from that experience 

I don't see the format really changing at this point. It serves it's purpose of getting people used to working to TV time and working the camera so they'll be ready for Live TV. With how packed Dynamite and Rampage are right now, the greater benefit for some of the Dark regulars would be picking up more Indy bookings.

It's not like they have a ton of excuses for not doing them. You can see some of the talent that's happy picking up their AEW pay cheque and doing little else.

• 4 weeks later...

I was at the Defy Fifth year anniversary show last night here in Seattle. Darby Allin came out and offered Nick Wayne (a 16 year-old prodigy and son of Buddy Wayne) an AEW contract. The kid is amazing and has been killing it there since shows came back. There was barely a dry eye in the place so a super cool moment.

THEN Chaka Khan's "Ain't Nobody" hits and out comes Shane "Swerve" Strickland. I have not kept up with him in recent years but my God, he comes across like the coolest fucker going. He challenged Nick Wayne to a match here in two weeks and said to Darby "I'll see you soon" and walked off. It was an epic close out to a great show. I really hope Tony gets Swerve and the song rights and all that goes with it - the charisma is off the charts.

I'm not sure it's right for the Speaking Out ot Twitter threads but Shawn Spears has seemingly fucked up a tad, showing support for the rallies in Canada which were organised by far-right wingers then being called out and deleting it. But to be fair it's pretty easy to see a convoy supposedly supporting workers and get caught up in it, but 30 seconds of research and yikes, it's pretty much set up by Nazis.