Other AEW shows discussion (Dark, Elevation, BTE, whatever else)

LaGoosh

• Paid Members

Crowbar is a mate of Joey Janela, and I think helped him with physical rehab after an injury, so it's probably just a one-off as a favour to him while they're in Philadelphia, I doubt we'll see him pop up again.

I'd love to see more of that stuff on Dark, really, now that they're on the road - veterans based in/associated with whatever town they're in, getting a booking out of appreciation. It's great to use Dark to showcase younger up-and-coming names, but nothing wrong with letting the old guys get a spot now and then too. It helps differentiate each show based on where they are too.

Edited by BomberPat

• Paid Members

it's also one of the things Joey Janela really made his name on, with the first Spring Break show featuring him vs. Marty Jannetty, another against Ricky Morton, PCO starting his career resurgence there, and all sorts of random old-timers showing up for his "Clusterfuck" Rumble matches - off the top of my head, they've had Virgil, Mikey Whipwreck, Dan Severn, Dink, Mantaur and nWo Sting show up. 

I love a random old boy showing up, and if they keep it to Dark, no one can reasonably complain about it taking a spot from anyone else, or be too fussed if the match isn't up to much.

• Paid Members

To be fair, finding out Crowbar has made an appearance has made me want to check out Elevation for the first time ever. If they were to start highlighting obscure wrestlers from the past that I haven't thought about in decades, then Im 100% on board.

10 hours ago, BomberPat said:

it's also one of the things Joey Janela really made his name on, with the first Spring Break show featuring him vs. Marty Jannetty, another against Ricky Morton, PCO starting his career resurgence there, and all sorts of random old-timers showing up for his "Clusterfuck" Rumble matches - off the top of my head, they've had Virgil, Mikey Whipwreck, Dan Severn, Dink, Mantaur and nWo Sting show up. 

And Crowbar.