Other AEW shows discussion (Dark, Elevation, BTE, whatever else)

LaGoosh

Nah, Velvet is still a face but unfortunately she had Britt in an lower level Punk homecoming situation and then Skye Blue got mega pops in all her tryouts. Unless you wanna ask that big awkward question about why a small, talented headstrong female of colour is getting booed. Which I don't think is that either. Just some shit arse luck. 

The Shida stuff I'm not sure about, I don't mind her resting her face abit and falling back before rotating back into an angle. Their women's division needs some consistency though, more through some good stories or at least dropping a reference on the TV. I've enjoyed Swole/Diamante flat out developing this fun angle of simply NOT liking each other and have got a fun little feud going. 

Edited by Chili

• Paid Members
36 minutes ago, Chili said:

Unless you wanna ask that big awkward question about why a small, talented headstrong female of colour is getting booed. Which I don't think is that either.

What The Wtf GIF by reactionseditor

I mean, did anyone even suggest that was the reason?

The crowd cheered the hometown girl and booed her opponent, who also happens to be a bit rubbish. That's all this is, let's not start overthinking this.

Edited by LaGoosh

7 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

What The Wtf GIF by reactionseditor

I mean, did anyone even suggest that was the reason?

The crowd cheered the hometown girl and booed her opponent, who also happens to be a bit rubbish. That's all this is, let's not start overthinking this.

It's why I said I don't think it's that either, because it wouldn't make sense either but also it's 2021 and some of the opinions I've seen from people, especially when Brandi was being used and some of the views on Jade Cargill always keep that option right at the back but still there, because people. 

Honestly I'm happy for the subject to be *blocked* like any Cornette references. 

Edited by Chili

Velvet has always acted a bit heelish at times as well, the entrance routine she does seems heelish, and stirring motion is usually related to telling stories by “stirring the tea”. Nothing in what I have seen would be related to her being a woman of colour. 

I’m really interested in the Dark takings moving to universal studios. If they use it as it’s own stand alone world for the young talent to have basic stories in their own bubble away from main roster it could be a lotta fun. Lots of nice simple matches and stories for those that need ring time at this stage of Their career. Try things and if they fail it’s only YouTube .if they work shift onto tv 

17 hours ago, Louch said:

I’m really interested in the Dark takings moving to universal studios. If they use it as it’s own stand alone world for the young talent to have basic stories in their own bubble away from main roster it could be a lotta fun. Lots of nice simple matches and stories for those that need ring time at this stage of Their career. Try things and if they fail it’s only YouTube .if they work shift onto tv 

Yeah I like the idea of this too.

I also kind of want some ridiculous stand alone matches though like the old WCW shows used to do, like Danielson against Fuego Del Sol or something. 

When do these taping start?

Edited by The King of Old School

28 minutes ago, The King of Old School said:

Yeah I like the idea of this too.

I also kind of want some ridiculous stand alone matches though like the old WCW shows used to do, like Danielson against Fuego Del Sol or something. 

When do these taping start?

I'd imagine it would have to be in the next couple of weeks at most. They don't have any standalone Rampage tapings until the 15th October. 

Doing Dynamite live, taping Rampage, Elevation & Dark all in the one show seems a bit much.

On 9/8/2021 at 10:10 AM, Infinity Land said:

I'd imagine it would have to be in the next couple of weeks at most. They don't have any standalone Rampage tapings until the 15th October. 

Doing Dynamite live, taping Rampage, Elevation & Dark all in the one show seems a bit much.

Bump to say they're taping this weekend at Universal.