Other AEW shows discussion (Dark, Elevation, BTE, whatever else)

LaGoosh

4 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

It's a shame it's crossing the line because it's a great act. It has to be somewhat edgy, he's a fucking rapper for crying out loud, but they're right to decide where their line is and ensure they don't get dragged across the coals for it.

I don’t think they should be allowed to get credit for deciding “where their line is”, considering this was taped the same night as their Fight for the Fallen show - a show literally in aid of sexual assault/domestic abuse survivors.

Someone signed off on him doing that, sat on the footage for a week, edited and produced the show - all whilst never removing it until after broadcast when they didn’t get the ‘edgy’ reaction they hoped for. It’s reactionary bollocks. It’s an example of no real authority behind the scenes giving push back for it to even have gotten this far and it’s not even the first time this has occurred with him.

• Paid Members

You're obviously in more of their production meetings than I am so will bow to your knowledge. 

I honestly don't know who did what but they've established that something is unacceptable and got rid of it quickly. I'd hope they can catch it earlier in future but if it's this or it being micro-managed to death, I take this.

5 hours ago, Merzbow said:

The look on Matt Sydal's face after the Lacrosse line said it all, it wasn't "oh you heel!" wrestling stuff it looked like more of a legit "what the fuck, mate?" when it sank in.

Edit: Looking in to who edits/produces Dark and came across this damning article by a former worker. https://411mania.com/wrestling/former-aew-video-editor-accuses-company-hostile-work-environment/

This didn't really catch on fire at the time, did it? The guy does look like a piece of shit from older tweets whe he was a teenager or whatever but still.

It got blown apart from memory as being mostly bullshit, and something the guy had done was complexly missed from his version that Was shared in response 

• Paid Members
16 hours ago, Merzbow said:

This didn't really catch on fire at the time, did it? The guy does look like a piece of shit from older tweets whe he was a teenager or whatever but still.

It came out pretty quickly that he never actually worked for AEW, but a third party, and then he admitted that Cody was perfectly nice to him the one time they met.

It was kind of a non-story really.

Same guy also got kicked out of DDP’s house.

• LaGoosh changed the title to AEW Rampage and other AEW shows discussion (Dark, Elevation, BTE, whatever else)
  • Paid Members

Four man commentary booth for Rampage sounds like it's going to be a complete mess. Mark Henry talks fairly slowly so that's going to clash with Jericho's constant shouting. Where Taz and Excalibur's natural Dark chemistry fits in to that I have no clue.

Hoping for Omega vs Christian for the title on the first episode, that'll be good fun.

If the consensus swings the other way then fair enough, but I'm not a massive fan of the "Other AEW shows" thread morphing into a "Rampage and other AEW shows" thread. Given that you have Rampage (Friday), Elevation (Monday) and Dark (Tuesday), I'm not sure it gives enough time for any sustained discussion about Rampage without it all becoming a jumbled mess.

• LaGoosh changed the title to Other AEW shows discussion (Dark, Elevation, BTE, whatever else)

It was weird seeing Dark in front of no fans again, I'm guessing they did another long night of filming after Dynamite.

Good to see Mark Henry, even if it's just to sit in for a Swole/Diamante promo. I'm guessing this will be more of his job on Rampage then actually commentating.

• Paid Members
13 minutes ago, Louch said:

That video on BTE….from about 22 mins if anyone just loved hangman but doesn't like BTE 

Cheers for the heads up. Brilliant stuff. Had a big grin, then had the heartbreak of the loss all over again. God these lads are good.