Other AEW shows discussion (Dark, Elevation, BTE, whatever else)

LaGoosh

• Paid Members

I'll defend Gallows for his big bastards hoss fight against Joe Doering on Impact last week.

Don't particularly get the fuss about them either as I've never watched Japanese stuff, but they're both more than capable when scaling back on the comedy.

Edited by garynysmon

• Paid Members

I love that Christian/Omega video package, and hope it makes TV/PPV. 

I love how well they've made Callis and Omega's relationship into something that has run for decades, and the absurdity of Callis not booking Christian because of Kenny when Kenny was just a kid is brilliant. 

12 hours ago, Chili said:

AEW. Where even Bad News Allen pops up in old archival footage. 

"Get ready, Nashville. You're about to see some shit." That director is one of my favourite guys already.

I could watch truck footage for days. I did Studio Production at uni, in that role, and it was stressful enough with three cameras and two performers in a box room, let alone 10+ cams in amongst 15,000 mental fans. As much as it looked immensely stressful, it was an absolutely joy seeing the sound guy punch two fists in the air when Punk made his entrance, and when the director gave up on calling shots for a moment because he knew he was getting magic. I hope that's an example of what it truly is behind the scenes, everyone fully invested and loving it as much as the people out front.

The music hitting gave me goosebumps AGAIN, and, I know it's the Road To... formula, but that music fade and close-up on Punk tearing up on the stage (which I hadn't seen before this) really hit me.

• Paid Members

The reaction of the production guys to him jumping in the crowd is the absolute best.

"Good shit...YEAH BABY! YEAH BABY!" What a thrill it must have been directing that. It's becoming a huge pattern that everyone in this company is living their best life.

What strikes me the most is how many cuts there are, and how crazy quick they're going from angle to angle, but you never consciously notice it. It feels completely natural. Makes me wonder how fucking nuts it is in WWE's production truck and how quickly they must be cutting that it becomes so jarring and gives you such motion sickness. How do you even direct it? There isn't enough time in a single second to call for five to ten cuts.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, ReturnOfTheMack said:

Do they do free replays later on? Just so I can balance my options. Cheers. 

You can watch it once the PPV has finished as a replay however many times you want. When you pay for the PPV you can rewatch it for free whenever.

• Paid Members

I don’t actually think it’s a bad thing. Impact suffered at Universal Studios because it was the flagship show and they could only make money on Merch as tickets had to be free (and they often had people trying to encourage punters into tapings to fill up The Impact Zone.

No one is paying to watch Dark, so to have this here means tighter Dynamite/Rampage tapings. 

21 hours ago, The King Of Swing said:

When I first heard about a studio setting I was hoping it would be like Prime Time Wrestling with the vets (Arn, Billy, etc.) sat around a table and chatting between matches. 

I'm disappointed 😞

This kind of format needs to be bought back, would be a great fit for AEW that.

4 hours ago, The King of Old School said:

This kind of format needs to be bought back, would be a great fit for AEW that.

TNA did it with Spin Cycle and it was as shite as you imagine. The Prime Time model while we love it, is a dead concept for TV. As an online deal though, it'd be ok. Something like the Road to episodes.