Other AEW shows discussion (Dark, Elevation, BTE, whatever else)

LaGoosh

• Paid Members

It's a shame it's crossing the line because it's a great act. It has to be somewhat edgy, he's a fucking rapper for crying out loud, but they're right to decide where their line is and ensure they don't get dragged across the coals for it.

• Paid Members

Yeah Max Caster is being a fucking idiot. There's a difference between heat and cheap heat. Cheap heat puts people off wanting to watch you. He's definitely been doing that recently with gross, outdated, misogynistic slut-shaming type stuff on Julia (who is only 19 years old) and it's really turned me off him. Hopefully this latest one is a wake up call. Max's act has a load of potential but he's pretty close to fucking it all up.

7 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

He added in a Julia has a smelly fanny joke this week too, while maybe not as bad as the other two it certainly seems a bit off-brand for AEW.

He threw a jacket at her the other week. He's literally being a dickhead throwing stuff and running away from her. 

Obviously Caster needs a massive word in his ear (The Helen Lovejoy's are already suggesting he be released or that it needs more press), but who the bloody hell in their editing team just sat on it for a week. Lads?!

Edited by Chili

• Paid Members
23 hours ago, BomberPat said:

I think the beauty of something like bringing out David Crockett in North Carolina isn't just that it's letting him get involved again, or that it's allowing old-timers overlooked by WWE a chance to show their face, or that it's recognising a history of wrestling outside of WWE, or that it's creating continuity with earlier wrestling programming on Turner networks

tumblr_ntgpngYXJJ1ud8h5io4_400.gif.87f54

3 hours ago, Merzbow said:

Max Caster's rap was completely scrubbed from Dark this week, he made jokes about both Simone Biles and an old lacrosse team rape case.. fucking idiot.

Having read the lyrics, the fact he thought it was acceptable to imply that Simone Biles should be raped absolutely shocking. Tony Khan can thank his lucky stars that this reference wasn't made on Dynamite and has so far slipped relatively under the radar. The double-whammy of that, and the pizza cutter spot, in the space of a week could have been seriously damaging. 

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, RedRooster said:

Having read the lyrics, the fact he thought it was acceptable to imply that Simone Biles should be raped absolutely shocking. Tony Khan can thank his lucky stars that this reference wasn't made on Dynamite and has so far slipped relatively under the radar. The double-whammy of that, and the pizza cutter spot, in the space of a week could have been seriously damaging. 

I don't know what you read, but that wasn't what he said. He did make a reference about the Duke Lacrosse team and the Sydals though. I thought it was in poor taste, but nothing worse really then a lot of real rappers have said before. However, I don't know why it was aired on the premier and immediately cut when the episode was uploaded minute later. Should have never aired it.

6 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

I don't know what you read, but that wasn't what he said. He did make a reference about the Duke Lacrosse team and the Sydals though. I thought it was in poor taste, but nothing worse really then a lot of real rappers have said before. However, I don't know why it was aired on the premier and immediately cut when the episode was uploaded minute later. Should have never aired it.

"The Acclaimed kicking ass for miles, you claimed mental health like Simone Biles; The Sydals going to pay the cost, I'm going to treat those bitches like Duke Lacrosse" 

His implication there, surely, is that anyone who claims mental health issues deserves to be raped? It may be an accidental implication on his part, I don't know, but I don't think it's a huge stretch to interpret his lyrics in that way. 

I'll fully admit to not having actually seen the rap, and perhaps that's important in terms of what I've just suggested. 

The other part to this is that he's 32 - and therefore certainly old enough to know better. 

2 hours ago, RedRooster said:

I absolutely hate how over produced WWE television is but AEW is kinda the extreme opposite where it seems they don't have anybody look at stuff before hand and go "Shall we really do this?" It's about striking the right balance.

The Julia comments are very reminisce of Jericho and Stephanie...except the female was the heel in that scenario, it kinda doesn't make sense to say it to the face.

28 minutes ago, theringmaster said:

The Julia comments are very reminisce of Jericho and Stephanie...except the female was the heel in that scenario, it kinda doesn't make sense to say it to the face.

It does make sense, if you're trying to come off like an absolute dickhead in any way you can, regardless of how acceptable it is. Caster's charm is that he has pretty straightforward raps with contemporary humour and a  bit of an edge, but the Julia stuff is witless and cruel, especially considering Hart is really new on the team, so hasn't had a chance to establish herself yet beyond 'girl with the Blonds' anyway. It's rum, and maybe blown out of proportion, but there are a hundred other ways for Max or anyone to get heat on the Blonds via their valet that don't risk younger viewers Googling grot by accident.

The look on Matt Sydal's face after the Lacrosse line said it all, it wasn't "oh you heel!" wrestling stuff it looked like more of a legit "what the fuck, mate?" when it sank in.

Edit: Looking in to who edits/produces Dark and came across this damning article by a former worker. https://411mania.com/wrestling/former-aew-video-editor-accuses-company-hostile-work-environment/

This didn't really catch on fire at the time, did it? The guy does look like a piece of shit from older tweets whe he was a teenager or whatever but still.

Edited by Merzbow