Other AEW shows discussion (Dark, Elevation, BTE, whatever else)

LaGoosh

• Paid Members
45 minutes ago, The King Of Swing said:

Don't care what anyone says, Ryan Nemeth's theme music is ace. 

He's really grown on me tbh. 

I have to say I agree, on both parts. He's biggest down fall is that he does look like Dolph's younger brother, which I am sure a dye job could fix. But he has improved massively since his poor debut and I actually think it's a fun little stable he's surrounded himself with.

Nemeth did a bit on BTE where he asked wrestlers Hollywood Trivia aimed at his extra work he's done on stuff and I agree I'm warming too him. He actually feels way more natural than Dolph, maybe because he sells that he knows he's not actually as famous as he'd like and it shows. Nick wrinkle, also does the Rude Awakening with hip swivel. Hard to knock good taste in finishers.

Edited by Chili

• Paid Members

I'm struggling to remember seeing a wrestler as blown up 2 minutes into a match as Luther was on Dark this week. 

I really enjoy Dark and Elevation for the most part, but surely they could have one show at the end of the week or on a weekend? Two long Youtube shows on consecutive days followed by Dynamite the day after is overkill.

Also, how is Janela's death valley driver safe? It always looks like an instant broken neck. The same goes for Chuck's Awful Waffle. If they've found a way to make those moves look devastating but safe as houses, fair fucks to them. 

Edited by Lorne Malvo

• 2 weeks later...

So is Paul Wight doing all his commentary from home on Dark each week? Seems strange they are bringing in Menry to be on the Tv show, and leaving him on YouTube 

• Paid Members

I agree. I assumed the whole point of Wight on Dark Elevation was to prepare him for commentating the second show so was surprised by the Henry announcement. I'm also curious who they stick him with as Jericho has hinted in the past that he would be doing commentary for the second show. I'm hoping for a new play by play guy, I love Excalibur but it'd be great to get someone different and make the second show feel like it isn't just the third hour of Dynamite but for the life of me I can't think who they could bring in? Maybe they'll hire recently sacked Todd Phillips?

Jungle Boy had a good showing on both Dark and Elevation. Really enjoyed both his matches this week and the live crowds popped big for him.

• Paid Members

I broke my Dark Elevation virginity this week to watch the Penta and Jungle boy matches. Very much enjoyed Max's rap again, Penta was indeed a superstar and Jungle Boy's whole act being so over with the crowd was fun. The empty arena segments were very stark (presumably because they didn't want to tape promos with spoilers in before a live crowd?) and a reminder of the shite of the last year or so although Jungle Boy acknowledging "there's no one here" as he came out made my laugh. Really enjoyable stuff. Don't think I'll be a regular viewer, especially with a second "main" show on the horizon, but I can see why others enjoy it.

Yeah Elevation is a fun, breezy watch but like Dark ultimately unimportant in the grand scheme of things. 

I mostly watch Dark for Taz and Exalibur just pissing about on commentary. 

Joey Janela has been consistently bloody awful lately, cutting cringe promos about his nipples and claiming to suffer migraines which is in poor taste imo since I believe Mickey Whipwreck recently revealed he suffers terribly from them among other health issues, which has gotten so bad he's no longer appearing in public. 

Kiss will better off away from the clown. I'll miss their tag music though.