Other AEW shows discussion (Dark, Elevation, BTE, whatever else)

LaGoosh

• Paid Members

Not an awful botch, bit embarrassing but at least they just tried to play it off as a stalemate rather than do that horrible tussling about that usually follows.

Luchasaurus is a bit shit, mind. I think he suffers from trying too hard to live up to the lucha half of his name. That spinning kick he does usually whiffs and he doesn't need to follow a chokeslam with a standing moonsault. Those are his two signature moves and both of them are shite. 

Why did they post that online?

That's the antithesis of playing to your talent's strengths. Luchasaurus is a spot monkey at the best of times, which is brilliant when you tag him in to do his spots. FTR did this and he was great fun. Practically everyone else insists on treating him like a normal indie wrestler rather than a dinosaur, so he ends up having to do things like selling and thinking. Of course he's going to look shit trying to pilot an uncoordinated lump like Bononi. That's not what Luchasaurus should have to do.

It's another clip that makes me question who the show is for. If this is for in-ring experience, i.e. training, why post it online? If this is for greater exposure of your talent, EDIT OUT THEIR FUCK-UPS, for Christ's sake. It looks dogshit to fans, and even worse to nons. Sometimes it feels like, for all the talk of bookers and creative and long-term goals, they're literally putting these shows together on the day, and it seems to be a complete surprise that they might need to, you know, produce and edit them professionally for a TV audience.

• Paid Members

It's quite possible that to save on costs they're doing the production live, since they're already set up to do it for the shows afterwards it saves having to do the majority of post-prod if you're just cutting it like its live, and if they're doing commentary live as part of that it's harder to edit around fuck-ups. Given the disparity in viewership and oversight between live TV and YouTube it's quite possible they're doing what's cheap & quick and not overly worrying about it.

• Paid Members

Negative 1 was trying to get Tony Khan to replace Excalibur on commentary during a match is the kind of content I love and one of the reasons why I will gladly watch Dark even if some of the matches are ropey

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

1 hour ago, Mr Butternut Squash said:

😂 I can't get enough of this. Blind leading the blind.

On a taped show as well!

To think I was getting flamed at the weekend for even daring to go against the grain and say that these lot are embarrassingly shit. With this and getting the Money Mark on camera, I'll give it a year tops before Daddy pulls the plug. Sonny boy will need to focus his energy into getting Fulham back into the Premiership.

2 minutes ago, robinbobs said:

To think I was getting flamed at the weekend for even daring to go against the grain and say that these lot are embarrassingly shit. With this and getting the Money Mark on camera, I'll give it a year tops before Daddy pulls the plug. Sonny boy will need to focus his energy into getting Fulham back into the Premiership.

LOOK AT ME

LOOK AT ME

LOOK AT ME

LOOK AT ME 

LOOK AT ME

LOOK AT ME

What an attention seeker 🙄

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Tsurutagun said:

LOOK AT ME

LOOK AT ME

LOOK AT ME

LOOK AT ME 

LOOK AT ME

LOOK AT ME

What an attention seeker 🙄

Stop reminding me of Rob Conway. 

13 minutes ago, robinbobs said:

Flamed? You haven't been on many message boards I'm assuming.

• Paid Members

It's odd that the botch went up there, but good that they realised and edited it out. Maybe they'll start taking a little extra time getting these things ready in future.They're still a young company, it's all a learning experience.