Other AEW shows discussion (Dark, Elevation, BTE, whatever else)

LaGoosh

6 hours ago, LaGoosh said:

How dangerous it was depends on how flexible the person who took it is. She finished the match with no problems afterwards. But I'm sure a bunch of wrestling fans with no experience are experts on the matter.

Shawn michaels finished the casket match and main evented mania with a fucked back, so clearly that means nothing. Conti didn't clear her enough to take most of the weight of the fall on her tailbone, which wouldn't be ideal either. 

There's a good move there, just needs tweaking. 

16 hours ago, Winston said:

Trouble in paradise with Cody and the Elite then? No longer on speaking terms apparently.

How do we see this playing out.

This is a real under the radar story atm, no actual reports just a lot of putting 2 and 2 together but i honestly wouldn't be surprised if it turns out to be true, It certainly feels like they have different directions in their heads (Cody wants mainstream, Omega/Bucks want it as an extension of the Bullet club)

• Paid Members

If the show they currently air is the product of in-fighting and guys not getting along then long may it continue. Maybe that's what a pro-wrestling show needs - people having a bit of passion and trying to make it succeed in their image. Bad special effects aside, this current run of shows has been excellent.

I really want AEW to succeed, but a bit of me would love something like this to be true. In my opinion, as good as their matches can be, the stuff involving the Elite is invariably the weakest thing on Dynamite (Hangman doesn't count), and I'd love it confirmed that Kenny and The Bucks were giddy marks hanging out with a Big WWE SooperStar, and Cody used Bullet Club for indie cachet and rode that popularity until he could do his own thing and show Daddy Vince he's a real boy.

• Paid Members

I mean you don't really need it confirmed. Cody's run between WWE and AEW is him basically aligning himself with everything that was hot and cool in independent wrestling at that time and nothing was hotter than the Young Bucks/The Elite/Bullet Club. Cody is one hell of a self-promoter and marketing guy because he managed to make himself a bigger star than he had ever been despite not ever really being a particularly exciting or interesting wrestler at a time when being exciting in the ring is key to most guys getting over. It's no surprise that once he hit that next level he basically disappeared from BTE and no longer hangs around on screen with The Elite boys. He doesn't need them anymore.

Edited by LaGoosh

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

I mean you don't really need it confirmed. Cody's run between WWE and AEW is him basically aligning himself with everything that was hot and cool in independent wrestling at that time. Cody is one hell of a self-promoter and marketing guy because he managed to make himself a bigger star than he had ever been despite not ever really being a particularly exciting or interesting wrestler at a time when being exciting in the ring is key to most guys getting over. It's no surprise that once he hit that next level he basically disappeared from BTE and no longer hangs around on screen with The Elite boys. He doesn't need them anymore.

And interestingly he is on Sammy's vlog almost every week and has been for months.

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, LaGoosh said:

Really fun big lads match on Dark this week with Brian Cage vs one of the Bear Country lads. Also worth checking out the Jungle Boy match for Taz singing his theme. 

JD Drake vs 10 was a bit of a cracker too. Pretty Picture are really fun, in a shit kind of way. 

Pretty Picture reminds me of Simon Diamond and his totally not a comedy entourage in ECW. 

Perfect B/C show act and occasional Dynamite squash fodder. 

Except for Drake of course . He's ace. 

Edit

Watching Dark for a change and Taz making Jake Roberts crack up is real highlight. 

Edited by The King Of Swing

Timestamped.

This weeks Elevation was really good. Paul Wight is finally fitting in well on the comms to. He sounds way less apprehensive.

Anyway, I've timestamped to Dustin Rhodes Vs Aaron Solow, the most enjoyable TV match I've seen all week and well worth it for Dustin effortlessly slipping into WCW 1993 Saturday Night Dustin. Brilliant little match, how's he still this good?