Other AEW shows discussion (Dark, Elevation, BTE, whatever else)

LaGoosh

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

Did a single Elevation match aside from the main event go longer than 3 minutes this week? It's squash match central and Eddie Kingston taking over from Big Show on commentary.

A very easy watch.

The answer is no. I think the main went 15 minutes and the whole show lasted less then 45 minutes I think. Love Eddie on commentary as well. Wonder where Paul is?

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

I don't know if any of them went over 2 minutes! I had it on in the background, I'm fine with a bunch of squashes but I think they need to throw some backstage bits in between to mix it up a bit. Jade's whole package is amazing, I hope they take their time with her and she continues to improve. And yep Kingston is great. I believe him when he says stuff like his favourite entrance music is Pretty Peter Avalon's 😂

2 hours ago, Merzbow said:

Did a single Elevation match aside from the main event go longer than 3 minutes this week? It's squash match central and Eddie Kingston taking over from Big Show on commentary.

A very easy watch.

I love Eddie on commentary, but Paul Wight has grown on me too. A few years ago I'd never have expected to say this, but Big Show is seriously underutilised. Can't they wheel him out for the occasional guest commentary spot on Dynamite, at the very least?

Had a good time with Dark Elevation this week. I've given the Dark shows a shot before but I usually bounce off them. I think the mixture of short matches and a lively pre-Dynamite crowd really helped keep my interest. I really liked the formula this week. Just in and out with stars hitting their signature spots and poses before a fun tv length main event. I like the look of some of the randoms too, like RSP and Shawn Dean. Pretty Peter Avalon is a winning undercard gimmick.

Which show was David Crockett on? Gonna have to check that out.

If Caster is suspended for a month or so it looks to be appropriate. He will likely have people in his ear re what’s edgy and what’s outta line. He’s not said these things as he’s meant them, he’s just taken that creative freedom too far. 

39 minutes ago, Louch said:

If Caster is suspended for a month or so it looks to be appropriate. He will likely have people in his ear re what’s edgy and what’s outta line. He’s not said these things as he’s meant them, he’s just taken that creative freedom too far. 

Bollocks, it's a taped and edited TV production, if he was just allowed go out there and freestyle then somebody in production needs to be sacked, never mind the fact that apparently nobody thought to edit it out.

This isn't Kingston taking digs at WWE off air, this is a promo that made TV, if nobody along the production or editing process, then the production or editing process aren't fit for purpose.

• Paid Members
Just now, poetofthedeed said:

this is a promo that made TV

it made YouTube, not TV. 

I don't disagree that it shouldn't have made the cut, but it wasn't on TV and therefore there was a bit more of a light touch in terms of production and editing, as is the way with Dark. I would think Tony Khan agrees with you on the production and editing not being fit for purpose, as his response was to say he's stepping in and overseeing it directly moving forward.

If he hadn’t said it, there’s nothing to be cut. Fault doesn’t sit with one person, even if it didn’t make youtube, it shouldn’t have been said in front of a live crowd to start with. 

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, Louch said:

If he hadn’t said it, there’s nothing to be cut. Fault doesn’t sit with one person, even if it didn’t make youtube, it shouldn’t have been said in front of a live crowd to start with. 

I disagree with that. No one at the taping took to social media to complain, as soon as it aired Tony Khan ordered it to be cut from the replay (I am guessing he watches the premier). JBL goose stepped in a ring in Germany. It wasn't televised but he was reprimanded (was he sacked for it?) after it was reported. There is nothing wrong with cutting stuff that is pre tapped if it didn't work or was offensive, but it should have been cut from the edit and never aired, and be reprimanded after he got back to gorilla.

And that isn't me defending it. It was clearly stupid for him to say it, it was unnecessarily crass and I do feel he needs to give his head a wobble. I don't think he should be sacked though.

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

1 hour ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

I disagree with that. No one at the taping took to social media to complain, as soon as it aired Tony Khan ordered it to be cut from the replay (I am guessing he watches the premier). JBL goose stepped in a ring in Germany. It wasn't televised but he was reprimanded (was he sacked for it?) after it was reported. There is nothing wrong with cutting stuff that is pre tapped if it didn't work or was offensive, but it should have been cut from the edit and never aired, and be reprimanded after he got back to gorilla.

And that isn't me defending it. It was clearly stupid for him to say it, it was unnecessarily crass and I do feel he needs to give his head a wobble. I don't think he should be sacked though.

I don’t think anyone should I be sacked, think a month off shows is plenty enough punishment 

2 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

No one at the taping took to social media to complain

Of course they didn't. Have you seen AEW fans on Twitter? They'll pretty much defend anything AEW to the death.

But still - whether anyone complained or not doesn't make a difference in terms of it being right or wrong.