Other AEW shows discussion (Dark, Elevation, BTE, whatever else)

LaGoosh

• Paid Members
58 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

They apparently wanted to do something Squid Game related for Dynamite but either couldnā€™t get legal clearance or TNT persuaded them to go with something Warner related as they already own it.Ā 

Warner donā€™t own Ghostbusters either.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, WyattSheepMask said:

They apparently wanted to do something Squid Game related for Dynamite but either couldnā€™t get legal clearance or TNT persuaded them to go with something Warner related as they already own it.Ā 

Columbia Pictures owns Ghostbusters though?

This all came from their music guy, so what the true story is for the change might not be what he was told after they had given him the squid games request at short notice and heā€™d made it. Better to blame someone else than say you just changed your mindĀ 

9 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Warner donā€™t own Ghostbusters either.

Ā 

9 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Columbia Pictures owns Ghostbusters though?

Oh yeah so they do. When theyā€™ve done this kind of thing in the past (like the Space Jam one from the previous Elite v Dark Order) itā€™s been for an IP that Warner own, so mustā€™ve just assumed that to the case here.

The more you know...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

The Accountabillabuddies Wardlow and Shawn Spears have turned into a really fun tag team. It's a joy to watch them absolutely brutalise jobbers every week, Spears has incorporated a lot of delightfully weird character touches and nasty offence into his actĀ  and if Wardlow keeps powerbombing the shit out of people he's going to be a red hot babyface before we know it. I'd give them the tag titles if I had the book. They had another wonderful squash match on Dark this week, go check it out.

• Paid Members

The tag belts could be the perfect chance to turn Handsome Wardlow as well. If him and Spears holds them it's another of MJFs mates who have got gold before him and less focused on his pursuits.

If they lost them and he told them it's for the best as they can step back to helping him it may be the storyline spark Wardlow needs to squash him.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, NavigatorFan said:

Rare to hear me complain about aew but the main event on Elevation this week was shocking. All the worst things about modern wrestling, even the commentary couldn't pretend they were enjoying it , which was the best part šŸ˜„

Serpentico was interviewed on the AEW podcast and seemed like a nice guy. But I donā€™t understand the gimmick and heā€™s gotten worse over time if anything. Wheeler Yuta, I canā€™t put my finger on it, but I like him, but he was pretty awful here. It just felt like watching two trainees in the opener of an Indy show. But I agree, the commentary talking about everything. It the match at times was pretty funny.