Other AEW shows discussion (Dark, Elevation, BTE, whatever else)

LaGoosh

• Paid Members

LuFisto's been on a bit of a retirement tour recently, since she's been able to work in the US again. She did Joey Janela's Spring Break over Wrestlemania weekend, has done a few other GCW shows, and was in 16 Carat for WXW.

She's a hugely important figure in indie and women's wrestling, so perfectly happy with her hopefully getting a decent payday, or even just a nice late-career pat on the back from a major promotion. 

• Paid Members
35 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

She's a hugely important figure in indie and women's wrestling, so perfectly happy with her hopefully getting a decent payday, or even just a nice late-career pat on the back from a major promotion. 

Oh yeah, I wasn't knocking it. I actually wish they'd do this thing more on Dark/Elevation, bring in a random name from the past just to give the shows a bit more variety. I loved Crowbar popping in for one week last year.

10 hours ago, Lorne Malvo said:

Oh yeah, I wasn't knocking it. I actually wish they'd do this thing more on Dark/Elevation, bring in a random name from the past just to give the shows a bit more variety. I loved Crowbar popping in for one week last year.

Dirt Bike Kid is All Elite 🤣

No idea if anyone else watches these but I get a kick out of them. This one with Mad King is a banger, with RJ City delivering this pearler. 

"Everyone says that your interviews are very emotional, honest, and raw. What is the key to faking that?" 

They just don’t care about getting traction from Battle of the belts do they? When announced I expected these to be big showcase weekend evening shows that you hope to get the families watching tv then into the product, the two so far feel liked half arsed Rampages. Not even interviews in between matches with the big names, it’s just the mid card all over it 

• Awards Moderator

Quite enjoyed Battle of the Belts though. The result of the opener was definitely a surprise. I haven’t seen Dalton Castle or Jonathan Gresham before but they both impressed me. It didn’t feel like an AEW match either, which was nice - as an ad for ROH it was effective. 

More like Battle of The Melts, I liked Dalton Castle but just couldn't really care about that card at all.

I see they're leaning in to the boos and Sammy is already a cheating twat, feels like they're killing the feud early and might have him as a heel champ.