Other AEW shows discussion (Dark, Elevation, BTE, whatever else)

LaGoosh

Fucking hell that was appallingly bad, but unlike some of the worst examples, having Excalibur accidentally drop an f-bomb and Taz saying the match made him just want to give up completely was wonderful. 

I really love Taz & Excalibur. Like a funky fusion of Heenan/Monsoon and MST3K. Taz getting so relaxed he goes into weird childhood anecdotes and Excalibur sneaking in Garth Marenghi jokes are grand for me. 

Edited by Chili

Probably in the minority but I love Dark and Dark Elevation.

Ex, Taz, Wight all having a bit of fun on commentary, nostalgia element of old 90s WWF/WCW syndicated shows with squash matches, interviews, the odd competitive match.

Nothing of note ever really happens on them but great for killing an hour or so IMO.

Edited by The King of Old School

6 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

I've got a mate who says he enjoys watching them as well because of how much fun they feel. 

Dark still feels like goofy fun in a knowingly early 90's Worldwide way. Also, as mentioned Excalibur and Taz living their best lives is ace. I dunno if I'm missing stuff but it feels less like Dark has it's own storylines than it did in the Daily's Place days. 

There was a genuine charm to those tapings with it's semi regular cast of misfits and no-marks that's missing for me. I liked the feeling that Dark was basically the loser kids fucking about while no one was looking.

Elevation just feels like a rote C show now. Schiavone and Wight have decent chemistry on the desk but adding Henry to it derails the team, for me at least. He's too prone to descending into old boys' glory day banter with Show.

• Paid Members

Yeah I miss the Dalys Place Darks. They were loads of fun with scrubs messing about at 2am in the morning and a decent amount of weird, fun little stories. That Cutler/Avalon story was genuinely great. Pretty dull these days though. This week in particular was rubbish.

Edited by LaGoosh

7 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

Who's this Marina Shafir? Seems to be ultra green but has a great look and an MMA background, getting a little push on Dark.

One of the Four Horsewomen (MMA version) with Ronda, Shayna and Jessamyn Duke. Married to Roderick Strong. Was in NXT for a few years but never really went anywhere.

• 2 weeks later...