Other AEW shows discussion (Dark, Elevation, BTE, whatever else)

LaGoosh

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, mim731 said:

Presumably a Kenny return also takes in a programme with Ospreay at some stage, given he's also in the trios tournament and they've been teasing it on Twitter. I can't say I'm looking forward to Ospreay on TV, but I suppose at least the match will be good. 

The match would presumably be the semis of this tournament, which seems absolutely crazy to me.

58 minutes ago, Duke said:

The match would presumably be the semis of this tournament, which seems absolutely crazy to me.

Not to me. They aren't AEW contracted talent. If they're doing two Qtrs this week, and another two next week. That means the semis will be on the Chicago week set of TV tapings. It's a match that would help boost a live crowd, but won't be a TV attraction.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, LaGoosh said:

If you think the better option involves Johnny Gargano or Roderick Strong you're absolutely crazy.

Oh I certainly don't. No interest in either of them, nor their Undisputed mates. Personally I wouldn't be turning The Bucks or Omega face (but then I wouldn't have Fish, O'Reilly & Cole on my roster either, so I appreciate they may feel the need to switch them now with the changing roster). However since the split with Cole, O'Reilly and Fish has already happened, then I'd run with that as a 3 v 3 and keep Hangman well away from it for a long time yet. 

Edited by WeeAl

9 hours ago, Merzbow said:

Always surprised to see Abadon still around on the YouTube shows, she's never had a sustained stint on the main shows during her whole time there, has she?

In the grand scheme of things, it's quite rare for anyone to have a sustained stint on the main shows :)

Pretty sure her last appearance was the Trick or Treat match against Britt. That'd be near a year ago now. There weren't many appearances before that.

• Paid Members
12 hours ago, Merzbow said:

Always surprised to see Abadon still around on the YouTube shows, she's never had a sustained stint on the main shows during her whole time there, has she?

Nope. She's got a great gimmick but she hasn't been wrestling for very long at all. They probably don't want to expose her until she's ready for a proper spot. I think she's been on and off with injuries too.

It appears that Tony Toot has been on another late-night spending spree, and signed the big name ex-WWE star, No Way José. 

Yup.

Looks like he's taped his first match for Dark.

3 minutes ago, Loki said:

It appears that Tony Toot has been on another late-night spending spree, and signed the big name ex-WWE star, No Way José. 

Yup.

Honestly I thought he showed some good babyface fire in NXT.

He was never going anywhere with that name and gimmick though which screamed low card act.

Don't see him ever breaking out now. 

Hopefully he's just filling out the card and not another pointless signing.

8 minutes ago, Loki said:

Yup.

Dark has had plenty of randoms make appearances that never really go anywhere. VSK turning up with the Trustbusters at least looks like it will lead to TV.

• Awards Moderator

I welcome No Way Jose to AEW, I quite liked him in NXT and he was showing more than one dimension towards the end of his run there, before being reduced to a single note character on the mains in WWE.

Let him dance through the arena, let Dark Order dance with him, let Danhausen do a little cursed dance, let Orange Cassidy almost bust part of a move.

• Paid Members

I didn't rate Jose much during his NXT run, though he did a couple of more serious promos that did indeed show some promising babyface fire. I also did warm to him a bit when I saw him live. He was the opening match for a number of their shows at Download festival and he got over huge with the mixed audience of wrestling nerds and curious casuals. He is a very charismatic man. AEW has far too many wrasslers though, so probably a bit unnecessary to bring him in for any more than spot appearances.