DavidB6937 Posted November 7, 2024 Posted November 7, 2024 I thought it was fun. Sorry. I generally enjoy NXT anyway and watch it on a regular basis. I mean it was a harmless throwaway show with a few ECW bits. I don't think they're aiming to bring back ECW as a third brand or anything. And everyone seemed to be enjoying it which helps. No Tommy Dreamer though. I was sure he'd pay someone off to get all over this show. Quote
d-d-d-dAz Posted November 7, 2024 Posted November 7, 2024 7 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said: I thought it was fun. Sorry. I generally enjoy NXT anyway and watch it on a regular basis. I mean it was a harmless throwaway show with a few ECW bits. I don't think they're aiming to bring back ECW as a third brand or anything. And everyone seemed to be enjoying it which helps. No Tommy Dreamer though. I was sure he'd pay someone off to get all over this show. I think the issue is probably that there's been a bit of noise recently about how it's no longer a developmental brand, these are top talents etc, and I watched for the first time probably grading against the big names and stars. As opposed to judging it for what it seems to be, which is a show for extremely raw talents who haven't got it together yet, and are learning on the job. Have they given up on The Rock's daughter already? Quote
Paid Members Arch Stanton Posted November 7, 2024 Paid Members Posted November 7, 2024 Currently NXT feels as much a developmental show as it's ever done. Top to bottom their permanent roster is extremely green right now, except for Ethan Page. That said, I'm watching weekly and really enjoy it for what it is. It's fun watching the guys and girls finding their way and learn on the job. There's a lot of people on the roster that you can't imagine ever making it on the main shows, but definitely a few that you could see making a big impact. The TNA crossover stuff has been really fun too, it opens up so many opportunities for unpredictable moments. Quote
Paid Members BomberPat Posted November 7, 2024 Paid Members Posted November 7, 2024 2 hours ago, d-d-d-dAz said: Fun use of RVD given he's clearly under a 'no contact' order from someone. the best bit of work on the show was Bubba realising the crowd were completely dead after the finish and adding in little tricks like a 3 count to 'get the tables' and forcibly starting a chant himself. RVD said a few years ago now that WWE wouldn't clear him to compete, so I'm surprised he got to do anything at all on this show - I'm assuming he just didn't take any bumps? I was equally surprised when Bubba Ray got added to the show, as I figured he'd be in a Special Ref capacity or something like that, and that he'd likely taken too many knocks to the head to ever pass WWE's concussion protocol. Though a cynic would say that their health screenings seemed to get a little less strict the moment AEW came along to provide somewhere else for wrestlers to work if WWE wouldn't clear them. He's been doing the "1, 2, 3" before "get the tables" for a few years now. Quote
Snitsky's back acne Posted November 7, 2024 Posted November 7, 2024 3 hours ago, d-d-d-dAz said: Have they given up on The Rock's daughter already? That ship has LONG since sailed. She was initially training to be a wrestler and I have no idea whether she was any good but my assumption is she was absolute dog shit because even if she was mediocre they would have used her just due to her family name/connections alone (see: Tamina). So now we have to put up with her standing still and talking, which she also doesn't seem to be a natural at, let's say. I imagine they are required to feature her on every show but are keeping what she does to an absolute minimum. I'm sure she's a very lovely person though. Quote
Paid Members Supremo Posted November 7, 2024 Paid Members Posted November 7, 2024 Nunzio returning just as Goldberg announces his retirement match. Can’t imagine that’s a coincidence. Best Spear of Goldberg’s career. Campaign starts now to have Goldberg and Nunzio Main Event Night One of Wrestlemania. I’d pay for that ahead of Seth vs. Punk. Quote
Paid Members Arch Stanton Posted November 7, 2024 Paid Members Posted November 7, 2024 I absolutely love Nunzio's sell of that Spear. Just dead. Quote
Chili Posted November 7, 2024 Posted November 7, 2024 It's the distance backwards they both go when Goldberg hits him, like he's literally been ran over. Brilliant taking and selling of the move. One of those forgotten underrated types is Nunzio/Little Guido when he pops in your head. Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted November 7, 2024 Paid Members Posted November 7, 2024 Nunzio's selling of The Last Ride and crossing himself when Undertaker lifts him up is on constant replay with me. Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted November 7, 2024 Paid Members Posted November 7, 2024 Nunzio/Little Guido was always great. Quote
Paid Members Lorne Malvo Posted November 7, 2024 Paid Members Posted November 7, 2024 My favourite Nunzio bit is when he faced The Undertaker and absolutely flung himself out of the ring the second Taker went for him; Quote
d-d-d-dAz Posted November 7, 2024 Posted November 7, 2024 1 hour ago, Devon Malcolm said: Nunzio's selling of The Last Ride and crossing himself when Undertaker lifts him up is on constant replay with me. Might actually be something for you specifically in this show. Quote
Paid Members CleetusVanDamme Posted November 7, 2024 Paid Members Posted November 7, 2024 Choosing between that Nunzio spear and Christian getting absolutely folded is so hard. Quote
d-d-d-dAz Posted November 7, 2024 Posted November 7, 2024 27 minutes ago, CleetusVanDamme said: Choosing between that Nunzio spear and Christian getting absolutely folded is so hard. The slam saves this, but it nearly made the mistake a lot of spears do which is the receiver jumps up into it and takes a lot of the impact out of it. Nunzio is stood stock still and just gets blown through. I like that. Quote
Paid Members Supremo Posted November 8, 2024 Paid Members Posted November 8, 2024 Taz at Starbucks. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.