Paid Members LaGoosh Posted November 15, 2024 Paid Members Posted November 15, 2024 45 minutes ago, Chili said: Did Tegan Nox get this kind of guff for wrestling with Mr Fuji's knees after her constant injuries or has Nikkita got that old affliction where she's more rubbish because the person involved has less fan cred You what? I think you just created an argument in your own head with this. Quote
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted November 15, 2024 Paid Members Posted November 15, 2024 1 hour ago, Devon Malcolm said: I don't think it's fair to compare her to Giulia and Stephanie Vaquer either. I didn’t. But they are in the same division and I’m just pointing out there are many people with more experience and better in ring in general. Her knees are shot at this point, and TV time isn’t plentiful. I think this is her 2nd or 3rd match back, they have all been similar. Her work in WoW from what I saw was great. She’s bulked up since then, she was more cruiser like in her offence then, but she’s a shadow of herself from when she first entered NXT. Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted November 15, 2024 Paid Members Posted November 15, 2024 24 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said: I didn’t. But they are in the same division and I’m just pointing out there are many people with more experience and better in ring in general. Her knees are shot at this point, and TV time isn’t plentiful. I think this is her 2nd or 3rd match back, they have all been similar. Her work in WoW from what I saw was great. She’s bulked up since then, she was more cruiser like in her offence then, but she’s a shadow of herself from when she first entered NXT. Loads of people had successfully adapted their ring style on the back of serious injuries - or simply because of old age - CM Punk, Steve Austin, AJ Styles and Chris Jericho come to mind; but there are plenty of others. She might not be as mobile as she once was - I suspect you’re in a better position to judge that than me - but the fact is that doesn’t damn her to failure. The fact a lot of us here didn’t notice any issues with her work might tell you that. If she finds the right character, there’s every chance she’ll succeed. Quote
Paid Members TheBurningRed Posted November 15, 2024 Paid Members Posted November 15, 2024 4 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said: her speed As others have pointed out, probably to do with her knees. Shes gonna lose some pace. Quote
The King Of Swing Posted November 15, 2024 Posted November 15, 2024 Don't watch NXT (not a sly dig) but just want to say that they really could have something special in Giulia, if they use her well and she adapts. I'm assuming she's put a stop to the stupid headbutts. Quote
Paid Members JLM Posted November 15, 2024 Paid Members Posted November 15, 2024 Yeah she does worked headbutts now thankfully! As amazing as some of those wild brawls were in Stardom, the headbutts made me feel sick at times. Could happily never hear that sound again. Quote
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted November 15, 2024 Paid Members Posted November 15, 2024 5 hours ago, TheBurningRed said: As others have pointed out, probably to do with her knees. Shes gonna lose some pace. She’s slower than bloody Tanahashi! But it wasn’t just her pace, look at the move she was doing with the top rope. Look at whatever that throw was, that is not the same wrestler from last year after her first lengthy absence. And she’s only 25! That said, Nia Jax always looked both sloppy and dangerous before her release. Since her return she either works sloppy, or dangerous. So can be improved Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted November 20, 2024 Paid Members Posted November 20, 2024 There’s a lot that I dislike about Shawn Michaels’ booking, but I can’t deny that he’s doing a very good job at developing wrestlers. Ridge Holland has come on leaps and bounds - I wouldn’t have said this even six months ago, but he’ll be an excellent addition to the main roster in time. Lexis King is - much to my surprise- gradually getting better. Don’t get me wrong, I still have my doubts about the guy, but I no longer consider him a no-hoper. Trick Williams has also progressed massively since his debut - his upside was always fairly apparent, but he’s absolutely realising his potential. There are a lot of female wrestlers who are the right gimmick/storyline away from becoming stars - and the progression of many of them on the NXT brand has been clear to see. Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted November 27, 2024 Paid Members Posted November 27, 2024 I’m seriously intrigued by who will be called up next from NXT. Some of the previous round of call-ups essentially amounted to nothing (Dijack, Kiana James…even Dragunov, Hayes and Valkyria have done very little) but there are a good number of wrestlers on this show that you feel could make a difference on Raw or Smackdown. Basically every female NXT wrestler would boost the main brands - but a call-up for Roxanne Perez feels somewhat overdue. She’s also good on the mic, which will help her succeed. A call-up for Tony D’Angelo also feels overdue, but I feel like he needs a bit of a reinvention before moving to the main roster as his gimmick doesn’t feel like it would fit in on the main shows. Ethan Page, on the other hand, would fit the main roster like a glove. He’s excellent, and it still baffles me why Tony Khan didn’t do more with him. Once he gets the nod for the main roster, he’ll be holding a secondary title before you know it. I’ve said it before, but Ridge Holland has also improved remarkably. I think there’s a good chance he’ll be the next NXT Champion, freeing Trick Williams to make the step up, but at 36, it’s perhaps worth calling Holland up sooner rather than later. Trick and Oba Femi are both future World champions - and I hope they don’t keep them in NXT for longer than is needed. It’s absolutely wild to think that Femi is only 26. It makes me feel incredibly old. Quote
The King of Old School Posted November 27, 2024 Posted November 27, 2024 To be fair injury did Dragunov, thought he was slotting in and around the IC title picture just nicely until that happened. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted November 27, 2024 Posted November 27, 2024 Femi is 26? Fuck. That's ruined my day. Quote
Paid Members mim731 Posted November 27, 2024 Paid Members Posted November 27, 2024 2 hours ago, Doog said: Eric Bischoff In this economy? Quote
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted January 8, 2025 Paid Members Posted January 8, 2025 That promo was incredibly shit. So was his backstage segment with Ava and Ethan Page. Just fuck off Dwayne. And his rambling promo was THE MAIN EVENT?!? Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.