Paid Members Lion_of_the_Midlands Posted January 8, 2025 Paid Members Posted January 8, 2025 6 minutes ago, tiger_rick said: I'm not suggesting anyone shouldn't post. I just think if you're going to start accusing other people of being a dick, it's worth looking in the mirror first. I know your post was not aimed at me Rick but you make a valid point Rick, and to be fair the only way I see my dick these days is with a mirror. Quote
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted January 8, 2025 Paid Members Posted January 8, 2025 7 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said: What kind of backward thinking is it to suggest that having The Rock on shows no faith in NXT? I just can't get my brain around that at all. As I was trying to say to Dave numbers, NXT historically have a habit of only putting on main roster talent when in direct competition with AEW. This wasn’t that, and I’m sure was more to do with 1) The big Netflix launch and 2) everyone was still in LA. Them announcing The Rock certainly helped shift the last few hundred tickets they had available so I think it was smart. However, with the matches, and stakes of them last night, shouldn’t one of them have been the main event instead of The Rock waffling? I think that’s where the lack of faith view comes in. I maybe wrong in assuming that was the point being made, but they could have had him open up the show and promote the card as others mentioned have done before rather then take the main spot for themselves. Quote
Paid Members FLips Posted January 8, 2025 Paid Members Posted January 8, 2025 As someone who hasn’t watched NXT in years, my NXT thoughts: -Rock showing up was fun. Biggest star NXT must have had on? -Booker T is worse now by a million miles than he ever was. Maybe one of the worst ever. -Gigi Dolin, Shotzi and the other one all look like they stink. Add them to the thread. -Oba Femi is a unit. Excited to see how they waste him on the main roster. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted January 8, 2025 Members Posted January 8, 2025 20 minutes ago, FLips said: Gigi Dolin, Shotzi and the other one all look like they stink Me if I was ever at their taping: Quote
Snitsky's back acne Posted January 8, 2025 Posted January 8, 2025 3 hours ago, theringmaster said: The whole Rock thing on this show really did just give the impression the company don't have faith in the NXT brand to draw viewers. "We want Giulia and Roxanne to be the main event!" "Fuck you, I'm The Rock. I'm the Final Boss. I own this place. I'm going on last' I'm sure it went something like that. Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted January 8, 2025 Paid Members Posted January 8, 2025 54 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said: However, with the matches, and stakes of them last night, shouldn’t one of them have been the main event instead of The Rock waffling? I think that’s where the lack of faith view comes in. I maybe wrong in assuming that was the point being made, but they could have had him open up the show and promote the card as others mentioned have done before rather then take the main spot for themselves. I mean, I get the logic. Having Rock on NXT may have had some people tune in who otherwise would not have, so you’re as well to make them wait. The regular viewers will tune in anyway, and it’s the newcomers you want to keep hooked until the end. I’d have liked to have seen the Women’s or NXT title matches main event, but I understand why they made the choice they did. Some random thoughts about the show itself… I’ve not been enormously impressed by Giulia in NXT. I’ve no idea what she’s was like in Japan, but here she’s been OK - but is yet to live up to the hype. Stephanie Vaquer, on the other hand, is very impressive and Kelani Jordan is also impressive. The women’s division in NXT is probably more impressive than the men’s division, actually. I really hope Roxanne Perez and Trick Williams losing is a sign they’re both on their way to the main roster. Lexis King may look like a budget Kenny Omega, but he’s definitely improved in NXT…but not enough just yet. The fact he’s better than he was is obviously a positive, but I don’t see him adding anything to the main roster without further strides forward. The Rock’s promo was pretty empty, but at least the Final Boss gimmick was back. Very curious that they dropped it for Raw, though. Quote
Paid Members Supremo Posted January 8, 2025 Paid Members Posted January 8, 2025 (edited) Extremely worrying how easy Netflix made it to just throw NXT on whilst sorting breakfasts and packed lunches this morning. As if I don’t watch enough of this nonsense, am I really going to start watching this show, too?! Thankfully, I got dragged away and only watched the first thirty minutes, but still. I have a problem and Netflix are now enabling me! - Excellent looking mid-sized venue. Exactly where NXT and AEW should be doing shows. - Corey Graves on commentary! Is this a new development? Has he been fucked off to NXT to make way for Joe and Wade on Smackdown? Jackpot, if so! - Good little match for the Women’s Title. I assume this means Roxanne is moving to the main roster. - I was only half joking yesterday that The Rock was going to jump from show to show and take an ice cold piss on anything hot. And then it actually happened! From the looks of things, Ethan Page has been going on a violent crime spree that puts The Deathriders to shame, so The Rock strolls in to completely talk down to him and slap him on the arse as he leaves? Fucking hell. Not looking forward to Rock giving Kevin Owens a People’s Elbow on Friday and stealing his belt and car! - Quite funny that the ring canvas was completely blank. After having his little on-air breakdown about everyone slagging him off online, I hope the Rock had a word with his daughter. What type of shit show is she running that they couldn’t get a single advertiser? - Where do we reckon Ava ranks as a pro-wrestling nepo baby? I don’t think she’s ever impressed me at anything. Edited January 8, 2025 by Supremo Quote
Guest Posted January 8, 2025 Posted January 8, 2025 (edited) Chuckling at the idea of Eddy Thorp backstage throwing a hissy fit because he had to give up his main event slot on this episode of NXT to The Rock. CM Punk screening his calls. Edited January 8, 2025 by Duke Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted January 8, 2025 Paid Members Posted January 8, 2025 23 minutes ago, Supremo said: Corey Graves on commentary! Is this a new development? Has he been fucked off to NXT to make way for Joe and Wade on Smackdown? Jackpot, if so! I completely forgot about this! It looks like he has - Joe Tessitore was shown in the crowd at one point, and they mentioned that he was the lead announcer for Smackdown, alongside Wade Barrett. Quote
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted January 8, 2025 Paid Members Posted January 8, 2025 36 minutes ago, RedTwoster said: I completely forgot about this! It looks like he has - Joe Tessitore was shown in the crowd at one point, and they mentioned that he was the lead announcer for Smackdown, alongside Wade Barrett. They said something at the start with Graves, but I wasn't sure if it was a one night appearance, or on going. Hope for regular NXT watches it is because then there is less Booker T to be heard with 3 of them there. @DavidB6937 I am not going to apologize, because I don't think my initial response was arsey, I was trying to just have a regular conversation. But I recognize that I obviously rub you up the wrong way, so please keep posting, I don't think anyone would want you to feel you can't and I will not reply to you directly to keep the drama away. Hope that's cool? Quote
DavidB6937 Posted January 8, 2025 Posted January 8, 2025 @Hannibal Scorch It was a bad morning for me and I overreacted so it's all on me. We're more than capable of being adults and discussing things even if we've got different opinions. So sorry for that. Quote
Paid Members Onyx2 Posted January 8, 2025 Paid Members Posted January 8, 2025 I think what we can all take from this is Simpsons memes are bad and should be banned. Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted January 8, 2025 Paid Members Posted January 8, 2025 1 hour ago, Hannibal Scorch said: They said something at the start with Graves, but I wasn't sure if it was a one night appearance, or on going. Hope for regular NXT watches it is because then there is less Booker T to be heard with 3 of them there. I have to say, I’m surprised the NXT commentary booth has become a three-person booth, rather than either Raw or Smackdown. I suppose there’s still time for them to change their minds on that, and to keep Graves on Smackdown. I’d be curious to see how he would fare as a manager. I’m not a fan of him as an announcer, but I could see Graves having a decent heel promo in him. Quote
Paid Members JNLister Posted January 8, 2025 Paid Members Posted January 8, 2025 If they time the cuts between Booker and Graves enough, you get the sweet spot where you're thankful enough one guy has stopped talking that it distracts you from how bad the other one is. Quote
Paid Members Arch Stanton Posted January 8, 2025 Paid Members Posted January 8, 2025 I imagine he was signed to WWE in the first place, as an active talent, on the strength of his promo work. He was a pretty good heel promo when he was working regularly over here for 1PW. He could make a good manager, though that would probably feel like a big demotion, even from the NXT announce team. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.