Paid Members air_raid Posted January 15, 2025 Paid Members Posted January 15, 2025 Vaquer would be my new favourite if her finish wasn't shite. She had something better before she came to NXT, right? Quote
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted January 15, 2025 Paid Members Posted January 15, 2025 3 hours ago, mim731 said: That's a bit harsh I think, he was excellent with Scorpio Sky as part of Men of the Year, and he's definitely carried that over. He's a far more polished performer in character terms as a result of his AEW and NXT runs than he was in TNA. I like MotY too, but without Dan Lambert they floundered. Ethan Page appears to be a lovely guy, liked by his peers but I don’t think he’s improved much at all. He did seem to have a bit of drive when he asked to be demoted to RoH. But I think he’s a mid to lower card guy and always will. The fact he left TNA and AEW in similar ways (basically he wasn’t being pushed as much as he should and got pissy and left) suggests the Ego name may not just be a gimmick. Be interesting to see what happens if he is put on the main roster. Quote
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted January 15, 2025 Paid Members Posted January 15, 2025 This just popped up on my feed ironically. I’m confused by the door comment Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted January 15, 2025 Paid Members Posted January 15, 2025 3 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said: This just popped up on my feed ironically. I’m confused by the door comment Yeah you can’t kick open an already open door…I do agree that AEW wasted him, though. I’ll never understand why they didn’t reunite Men of the Year, when both Sky and Page were sitting around doing not very much, and the tag division need a spark. But hey, that time has passed. AEW didn’t necessarily need him, and WWE has a thin enough roster to really benefit from having him. Similar situation to Penta, I suppose. Quote
Chili Posted January 15, 2025 Posted January 15, 2025 I like Ethan Page because his AEW vlogs portrayed him as a rather nice fella so I've always had time for him, glad he's doing alright in NXT, I feel AEW could have found something more for him, he was really entertaining in 2021, but wasn't everyone. Quote
Paid Members JLM Posted January 15, 2025 Paid Members Posted January 15, 2025 He’s kicked that wide open door right through the looking glass ceiling and outta the ballpark figure of speech. Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted January 15, 2025 Paid Members Posted January 15, 2025 53 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said: I like MotY too, but without Dan Lambert they floundered. I think they were better before Dan Lambert came in really. Like a lot of things in AEW they never really pushed the gimmick as far as it could of and should have gone. Another case of wasted potential. They had a decent-ish run but could have been more. It's the only time Scorpio Sky has been remotely watchable. If nothing else, their match with Sting & Darby was really brilliant. Quote
Paid Members air_raid Posted January 15, 2025 Paid Members Posted January 15, 2025 8 minutes ago, JLM said: He’s kicked that wide open door right through the looking glass ceiling and outta the ballpark figure of speech. ... where upon, a brass ring presented itself? Quote
Infinity Land Posted January 15, 2025 Posted January 15, 2025 50 minutes ago, RedTwoster said: I’ll never understand why they didn’t reunite Men of the Year, when both Sky and Page were sitting around doing not very much, and the tag division need a spark. Sky is one of the weirdest situations that no one really talks about. Hasn't wrestled any AEW/ROH shows since October 2023. Despite numerous appearances/vignettes that went nowhere. Quote
Paid Members tiger_rick Posted January 15, 2025 Paid Members Posted January 15, 2025 I liked Page in AEW. He's a really good talker and got himself in great shape at one point and he was always a bit of a highlight on the minor shows. He wasn't any more useful than they had him as an occasional rent-a-gob to take a loss though. Any more than WWE are not wasting him by having him on NXT. There was never a point where there weren't dozens of guys better than him in AEW. I wouldn't bet against them finding a role in which he breaks through, they do it really well at times. But there are many more EC3s than LA Knights in their past. Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted January 15, 2025 Paid Members Posted January 15, 2025 2 hours ago, LaGoosh said: I think they were better before Dan Lambert came in really. Like a lot of things in AEW they never really pushed the gimmick as far as it could have and should have gone. Another case of wasted potential. They had a decent-ish run but could have been more. It's the only time Scorpio Sky has been remotely watchable. If nothing else, their match with Sting & Darby was really brilliant. Me too, I thought they were better without him - he became the most prominent part of the act and that did the act a disservice. 1 hour ago, tiger_rick said: I wouldn't bet against them finding a role in which he breaks through, they do it really well at times. But there are many more EC3s than LA Knights in their past. I think he’ll probably reunite with Josh Alexander and they’ll end up on the main roster as a tag team. Beyond that, I think he has the skills to succeed as a singles wrestler in WWE. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted January 16, 2025 Posted January 16, 2025 Just in case anyone's interested and doesn't read the TNA topic. Quote
Fog Dude Posted January 16, 2025 Posted January 16, 2025 The commentators pointed out that the Knockouts Champion was in the front row this week, and there's a Royal Rumble coming up so renewing the collaboration now checks out. Quote
Paid Members Supremo Posted January 16, 2025 Paid Members Posted January 16, 2025 Great news for everyone involved. I think history has proven this will definitely benefit TNA just as much as WWE in the long term. Quote
Paid Members gmoney Posted January 16, 2025 Paid Members Posted January 16, 2025 TNA will outlive WWE. No danger. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.