Paid Members RedTwoster Posted February 16, 2025 Paid Members Posted February 16, 2025 Vengeance Day was a solid show, with the stand out being the tag match for me. I skipped the NXT title match, aside from the result being a foregone conclusion, it’s hard to care about anything Waller or Theory does. I’m not reading a huge amount into Ricky Starks not saying his name just yet - maybe they’ll rename him, but he’s at this stage, I imagine any decision not to reveal his name is to keep the speculation going ahead of the contract signing. Given that they’ve not been in the habit of renaming established performers as of late (Ethan Page, Jacob Fatu, Giulia, Spears, Stephanie Vaquer etc) it would be a strange decision to call him something other than Ricky Starks, so I don’t imagine they will. We’ll see, though. Quote
Paid Members Supremo Posted February 16, 2025 Paid Members Posted February 16, 2025 Of all the things I think both companies could lift from the Covid Era and still find success, "Retribution," is not one of them. They should brand this week's NXT as Taboo Tuesday. Let us vote on Ricky Starks' name. Bubba Poon. Quote
Shirtie Posted February 16, 2025 Posted February 16, 2025 Definitely a solid show, First time I've watched NXT is ages. The Women's side is much stronger then the mens currently. That Tag match was great, I miss PLE (PPVs) being 2 and half hours. Some of the main show events are way to long for me. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted February 16, 2025 Posted February 16, 2025 Another solid event for me. But then I enjoy the weekly show anyway so no surprise there. It's definitely the most i enjoy a womens roster in any company at the moment. It's all come together well with some worldwide stars and ones that are improving as "homegrown" talent. I'd watch any card with Oba Femi on it. Quote
Paid Members JLM Posted February 16, 2025 Paid Members Posted February 16, 2025 (edited) 3 hours ago, Supremo said: Bubba Poon. The more I think about this, the more I think he would totally pull off “Absolute” Bubba Poon. Bizarrely I think he’s one of the only wrestlers in history who kind of looks like a Bubba Poon. Edited February 16, 2025 by JLM Quote
Paid Members BigJag Posted February 16, 2025 Paid Members Posted February 16, 2025 Vengeance was a Hi energy show. Loads of action. Roxanne Perez was the standout. She was the glue for the ladies main event. Intrigued by the masked attackers and concerned by the big bumps that Oba Femi takes. Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted February 16, 2025 Paid Members Posted February 16, 2025 Giulia ain't it. Stephanie Vaquer certainly is. She needs to be on the main roster by the summer, she's brilliant. Quote
Fog Dude Posted February 16, 2025 Posted February 16, 2025 4 hours ago, BigJag said: Roxanne Perez was the standout. She was the glue for the ladies main event. Well, she certainly brings to mind an adhesive substance. And yeah, Giulia as the main champion with Vaquer as the secondary one feels like they've put the wrong belts on each of them. Quote
Paid Members BigJag Posted February 16, 2025 Paid Members Posted February 16, 2025 Vaquer is definitely a step ahead of Giulia. Confidence and ring presence is very pronounced. I'm not a massive fan of the Devil Queen outfit. Quote
thevestofdeanambrose Posted February 16, 2025 Posted February 16, 2025 12 hours ago, Supremo said: Let us vote on Ricky Starks' name. Bubba Poon. Absolute Dicky Stonks Quote
CDM Posted February 17, 2025 Posted February 17, 2025 I've never watched nxt apart from a few episodes years ago. I thought it was a good show. All of the matches were at least food. Wasn't there a pin botch in the ethan page match? It seemed like the referee had to tell him the pin was wrong. I thought the tag team match was the best match. It did seem to have an extended episode feel to it more than a ppv. It didn't really bother me it was just something I noticed. Is that standard for nxt events? Quote
theringmaster Posted February 17, 2025 Posted February 17, 2025 Roxanne Perez is just so perfect in every match, I wish she could stay on NXT forever, I'm not one of those 'main roster will kill them' doom and gloomers but..... I'm dreading losing her NXT matches and watching her on the usual raw dross matches. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted February 17, 2025 Posted February 17, 2025 I must admit I've never been a huge Roxanne fan but I do enjoy her heel work more and it's definitely the time to move her up properly. Hopefully she'll be okay. Quote
Snitsky's back acne Posted February 17, 2025 Posted February 17, 2025 21 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said: Giulia ain't it. Stephanie Vaquer certainly is. She needs to be on the main roster by the summer, she's brilliant. You know if that mad old bastard Vince was still there she would not be able to be called 'Stephanie'. "We already have a Stephanie. People might get them confused". Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted February 17, 2025 Paid Members Posted February 17, 2025 Love the smile she has on her face when she's on offence, just looks so happy to be beating someone up. Fallon Henley's improved a lot too, she was good in that match but I'm still not sure she has a big future on the main roster. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.